What's new

The latest Global Warming info

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
You can tell Bill that the Global deniers are losing.... the attacks are getting personal but no reveral is based oon "science". That is there is not large turn about in the community at large. Big oil is having to defend itself the last 2 days for raping the American consumer. The coal industry is polluting and decapatating Mountians and miniers are dying from relaxed regulations. THEY FEAR THE COMING CHANGE.

Joe

Reaction score
Global Warming Climate Change SCAM

Oh so much I thought of saying as I read through this thread.... but as one stated... I am praying for global warming.... it is the end of May and we are 600 growing units behind the average.

I don't blame BIG oil for the warming scam... I blame people who want to control our lives. The conservatives are not proposing take-over policies because they disagree with the policies of the scammers, but are advocating that the market will balance the need and the changes, keep the government out of it.

A real debate is a debate where both sides are willing to listen and reply with meaningful information... the problem with the scammers is that they feel they are right and any information to the contrary is an attack... sounds like a candidate we have running to control the largest economy in the world.

I took a trip recently... flew over thousands of miles... and it struck me as others have said.... in the thousands of miles of land, and thousands and thousands of miles of ocean.... how can we do anything big enough to effect the earth and its climate? Look at the recent volcano... doing more in a few hours than man could do in hundreds of years.

Here in Iowa we had a drought in the 80's... they said it would take twelve years to replenish the ground water... the next year.. we had a couple of wet months and had more than replenished the subsoil... tiles were flowing full and it was filling the rivers to overflowing.

Read a study just a few weeks ago showing how the ocean temps were warming at the same time the snowpack and temps were cooling in Greenland. Wow... ooops ... we are warming... I WISH. I'll send you my gas bill for this last year... and you can pay the increase over the last two years... my house was 50 to 60 all winter.. I wasn't here to keep the temp up with the supplemental heat and it was still much higher because of price and temp.

Just my 2 cents worth.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Joe, speaking of praying. As a kid I wondered if there was a God, how he sorted prays out. One farmer needs rain "Corn" and the other doesn't "Cherries". Both are praying every day for the exact opposite. I still don't have a clue.

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
Here is something that sums up the religion aspect.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id=10&categ_id=5&article_id=92407

Unfortunately, he has already drank the Kool-Aid.
first, let me tell you of the 2 Doctors I work with from Burma (Myamr). Dr. Tun is going back next week with supplies and formed a 5013c (specifically one for medical aid) to get relief supplies to his native home. And Dr. Win (who I am very greatful too for training me in placing stents in coronary arteries) who was SHOT in the student uprising of 8888 in Rangoon against Gen. Ne WIN (no relation.... he get very upset if you mention this Generals name). Both Doctors who came from Burma said that nothing like this has ever happened there. No cyclone has ever hit burma.... they always head for Bangladesh. This is the worst natural disater in Burma's long .... violent history. It's compounding a very bad struggle of human rights abuses that has lasted for over 40 years.

Gore was misquoted (I sent that to Bill over a week ago) and a video was being passed aroud that wasedited to make it appear that he was saying that this was an apocolypic type event. Gore restated what other posted.... that these storms have become STRONGER... but maybe less frequent. certianly in my Doctor freind's lives and in their families lives this is the case.

Joe

Reaction score
Scientist & God

I do not mix these two.

I leave spiritual things to God... lots of things there that I don't understand and feel I have no need to understand because he is in control of them.

The natural wonders of this world I leave to scientist. I do not know much about how this universe works, but this I do know... God made it and when it is all used up he will destroy it, and we won't have to worry about the timing.

As I stated in the previous post... I don't think anything we do will affect what God has created... it is far bigger and better than we can ever expect to understand.

Bill, as far as prayer... I was only using that as a way to express my desire for some warmth. I know what you mean... I don't think he cares much about those kinds of things or listens for those kinds of prayers. I could be totally wrong.. so I am not going to argue with anyone on it.
:)

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
"Instead of idly debating the precise extent of global warming, ... we need to deal with the central facts of rising temperatures, rising waters, and all the endless troubles that global warming will bring. We stand warned by serious and credible scientists across the world that time is short and the dangers are great. The most relevant question now is whether our own government is equal to the challenge."

With that, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain threw his support - again - to a complex government program to reduce carbon emissions. He claims he can do this, without causing economic hardship, by using the power of the free market. As The Wall Street Journal commented, "His plan is 'market based' insofar as it requires an expensive, invasive government bureaucracy to interfere with the market."

McCain's cap-and-trade system would have a bureaucracy set a limit for CO2 emissions and auction tradable permits to carbon-emitting companies.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=196706&s

McCain says the revenue would be "put to good use." Specifically, "We will add to current federal efforts to develop promising technologies. ... We will also establish clear standards in government-funded research, to make sure that funding is effective and focused on the right goals."

We've heard that before. You'd think McCain would have learned that government isn't cut out for this sort of thing.

Hmmmm.... he sounds like someone I heard before.... like Al Gore?

jcedwards

lurker
Reaction score

Hmmmm.... he sounds like someone I heard before.... like Al Gore?

It appears our fate is sealed - they all have found 'religion' . No matter which way you look, everyone has sold their soul to the doom sayers. There does not seem to be much hope for our liberty or wallets.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Doug, Few people would disagree that the government doesn't have a clue about fixing any problem. Did you vote for "none of the above" in the latest poll that I put up? There are so many long term problems that none of them have a clue about fixing or the balls to even go there. I do think that we still have the best government system, but we still have a lot of problems.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Personally I wish the government would prioritize the problems and concentrate working on those that directly affect our citizens - rising gas prices, the economy, illegal immigration, health insurance, the war, terrorist threats, ect. To spend a lot of time and money right now on global issues seems to me should not be a priority.

I am not saying some global issues are not important or should not be dealt with but when I see poverty and starvation in our own country I wonder why this isn't more important than it is a some third world country. When I see citizens denied health care yet illegal immigrants get it I wonder why. When I see countries in the Middle East continue to force higher prices for oil creating hardships for many Americans yet we spend billlions on aid to the same people who are screwing us I wonder why.

I am not singing an isolationist song but I can't help but wonder who sets our priorities and how they got so screwed up. Maybe we should demand more from our politicians on both sides of the aisle.