What's new

The choice of Automatic in bay car wash system

V1p3R

Reaction score
The prices that i stated are in USD. I'm gonna charge the same or slightly less, the thing is that i will wash way more cars than they do! And probably pay less to the workers...
And how are things in US? Is it a profitable business there or not? I know that you have very good financing options...

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Ok, now there is more information for a meaningful response.

Your current situation

1) There are no automatic carwash facilities in your market/region (country?)
2) There are no equipment distributors or technicians in your market/region
3) You will not be hands-on with respect to customer service, management, maintenance or repairs
4) You intend to build a wash and then pay unskilled laborers to operate it and take care of the business for you, none of which have any experience with automatic carwash systems
5) You have no experience in the carwash industry
6) You intend to serve a market where the customer is use to hand-wash quality

My assessment is that you have a slippery slope to climb. If you intend to borrow money for this project, I believe you would have a zero probability of obtaining a loan given your current situation.

I would agree with the other gentleman and suggest that you contact the closest European equipment manufacturer and have one of their distributors "hand-hold" you through the process of learning about the carwash industry and the many facets that are involved in the planning, development and operation of an automatic carwash system. Otherwise, I believe you will become very frustrated or you will make a mistake(s) that will cost you $100,000's.

OCSJOHN

Dual Bay Auto in NC
Reaction score
Just to provide a quick answer to your original question when you started this thread, I would take a long look at the Washworld High Velocity. I will be the first to admit that I am new to the industry, especially when compared to many of the other forum members who post here. However, after building a 2 bay auto last year with 2 Washworld HV's I can say that they offer several benefits that I have not seen from other manufacturers. First of all, they offer direct factory support and parts sales. Also, they use far less proprietary parts which means that in many cases you have several options when purchasing parts for repairs and maintainence. One factor that you will have to determine is the availability of a good distributor for whatever manufacturer you choose in your area. In my opinion, especially for a new investor such as myself, the best machine with a poor distributor is not nearly as good as a fair machine with a great distributor. Hope this helps and if you have any other questions your more than welcome to email me.

john30036

Reaction score
I personally like Mark 7 units because they are simple to work on and keep running. PARTS and service is key! If your machine is down are all the parts available that day? No matter what happens can that machine be up and running that day?