What's new

Tankless on IBA

STXCW

Reaction score
As mentioned above it all depends on the demand. Have a buddy who ran a tankless for years. Updated his location with a new wash and the LP pump on the new equipment had a higher flow rate and kept shutting down his wash with Low Pressure errors.

fastlx

Reaction score
I have been using Rinnai Tankless on my HV for 15 plus years. But something strange happened last night. I went to the wash and the Rinnai outlet for the HV solution pump line was sucked in ( its 1" high temp hose). I checked all the strainers and they were fine. I turned off the Rinnai and then back on and the water pressure returned to normal. Maybe something in the Rinnai, a water solenoid valve stuck or something like that. Just a point to make where this wouldn't happen with a conventional hot water tank. Never seen this issue before but thought I would mention it.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Keep an eye on your booster pump the next couple of weeks and check your Y strainer after the pump. Those booster pumps don't like to be run dry, the plastic discs in the pump stack will start breaking and you'll fine very fine plastic hairs in your strainer if it was run dry too long.