What's new

Tankless on IBA

Zal

Reaction score
Anyone using a tankless water heater for the low pressure functions on a high use IBA?

Zal

Reaction score
I hate to be the first one to try and fail - or succeed…

kentadel

Reaction score
I have used Rheem and Takagi for several years for both Self service and Automatic low pressure functions. Also use them for Self service high pressure soap. Works well. It's all I use for all the hot water/floor heat at the washes.

soapy

Reaction score
You should check the flow rate needed. I have to have at least 11 gpm for my automatic high pressure functions and most tankless units won't supply that much flow.

Zal

Reaction score
Yep Soapy,
My low pressure pump is rated at 11 gpm. Don’t know if the real life useage is that high but this is a concern

Timmb

Reaction score
I have used one in mine for the past 24 years. (Same Paloma still in service) First was in a Magic Wand 2000 now I have a twin arm Kondor. It has a storage tank with a maintenance heater. Flow is not a problem because of the storage tank. It has plenty of time to refill while the rest of the wash cycle is using the other tank. I also use one unit for three self service bays. No maintenance heater in that tank. Doesn't cool off that much overnight after the first couple of cars it's good to go for the day.

Timmb

Reaction score
10 gallon tank, suppling 2 arms low pressure, I avg 30 to 45sec total presoak spray time PLUS dwell time so no problem. 03 nozzles about 7 to 9 gallons per vehicle depending on size. I think the heater puts out 5 gpm been a long time since I checked
the specs. When I first set up this wash I had a triple presoak wash selection (now deleted) it kept up with no problem
120deg water. Old unit, newer ones have higher flows & temp settings.

Rapidoil

Reaction score
I’ve had great luck with those Takagi on demands heating my home and running a floor hydronic system at my home. I basically have two, one for potable water and one for floor. Very affordable. Supply house dot com is where I purchased them.

Roz

Reaction score
We have a tankless hot water system on our Razor's. Works well.

SuperShine

Reaction score
Yup, I use three Naviens with a buffer tank that has a temp probe in it connected to a re circulation pump. this is for two Petit bays. It’s not cheap but works well. Keeps my pre soak at 60 degrees Celsius. You wire the multiple Naviens together and one becomes the master. This way they share the load.
Have a commercial plumber install it.

Zal

Reaction score
Thanks Supershine. I have seen that setup at the car wash show. If it handles two petits then it is well proven

TSchmitz

Reaction score
We have 4 Navien 200,000 BTU Heaters with a 175 gallon buffer tank for 2 petits, we heat all soaps and waxes. Also heat the high pressure to 90 degrees.

Zal

Reaction score
Nice setup Tschmitz! I think Navien is top of the list.

ShinePro

Reaction score
I have 2 Navien’s with a master/slave setup that runs a razor and provides the warm water for 5 ss bays
Wont ever change a thing
Just make sure you get them serviced annually!!!

114tc

Reaction score
My plumbing contractor recommended a Bradford white on demand suppling two 360 plus units. Had a lot of issues after 6-7 months. Finally had enough and took it out. I am now using a high efficiency commercial hot water tank and love it. Cost me $10 more a month in gas and that's it. I would definitely stay away from Bradford white on demand tankless.