What's new

Superior products soaps

Reaction score
Anyone heard of theases guys. Superior products. Oriles sells them and fairly affordable, they can have them in days free shipping. I've been looking for a while but shipping kills to here in Central Idaho. Just wanted to see if anyone has experience with them. 5gal of cherry foam brush soap was 68$

Attachments

864real

Reaction score
Was hoping someone had because shipping savings would be great. If you do try them, please let me know because shipping from KR is like 50% of the product cost unless you order a lot.

Reaction score
Was hoping someone had because shipping savings would be great. If you do try them, please let me know because shipping from KR is like 50% of the product cost unless you order a lot.
I'm going to give them a shot, they have a good reputation online atleast in the hobbieist era. And several oriles around me stock the 1 and 5 gallon jugs so someone must be using them.

864real

Reaction score
Please let us know how it works. Be a great option for sure. Im going to check oriles near me too and see.

Randy

Reaction score
I think it’s “O'Reilly” that you can get the Superior chemical products at. I looked at some of the soap products and I believe I’d have to use 3 times as much of their product to get same results that I get with a 5-gallon pail of JBS Fonic wash. The only product that show much promise is the Grape Explosion CS62.

washnshine

Reaction score
Some companies that primarily cater to detailers and do-it-yourselfers/ weekend warriors also offer larger drum sizes of their products - like 5/15/55 etc. that can be used by commercial washes. But that is not necessarily their specialty or target market. I’m not saying this is the case with this company - I really don’t know anything about them.

Reaction score
I don't want to lead anybody the wrong way, og's like randy have been in this game alot longer than I. I'm just stretched too thin to place a large order on soap. I figured this was worth a small gamble for me and wondered if anyone else has.
Idk if this helps but this is what I currently use as its what the previous owner has used for years. I use a red hydrominder tip and feed both the hp soap and fb. It works really well and I've actually got alot of compliments on it. You can find it for under 7 buck at Walmart, homedepot, even oriles.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
Use what works best for you and your situation. The Rain X soap is $12.95 a jug here. I think in your situation the Superior Cherry soap would be your bet. A Red Hydrominder tip is a pretty big tip at 17:1. Years ago there was a guy on the forum "Goat" and he used Dollar tree dish washing soap at his wash.

Reaction score
That's where I get confused with dilution rates, kleen rite says 6-900:1 but recommends a yellow tip, which on the hm chart is 90:1. So when sp dilution rate is 128:1 would that scale way down? Kr also states add 10 gallons of water. Which would make it like 2:1?

washnshine

Reaction score
That's where I get confused with dilution rates, kleen rite says 6-900:1 but recommends a yellow tip, which on the hm chart is 90:1. So when sp dilution rate is 128:1 would that scale way down? Kr also states add 10 gallons of water. Which would make it like 2:1?
Adding 10 gallons of water to a 5 gallon jug would make a solution that is 90:1 before the dilution, 270:1 after the dilution.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I don't want to lead anybody the wrong way, og's like randy have been in this game alot longer than I. I'm just stretched too thin to place a large order on soap. I figured this was worth a small gamble for me and wondered if anyone else has.
Idk if this helps but this is what I currently use as its what the previous owner has used for years. I use a red hydrominder tip and feed both the hp soap and fb. It works really well and I've actually got alot of compliments on it. You can find it for under 7 buck at Walmart, homedepot, even oriles.

Guys please don't take this wrong but i have preached and preached this over the years on the form. DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON CHEMICALS you are in the Carwash Business (to clean cars as a Professional). Buying chemicals at Orileys, Dollar General & Wally World is not going to cut it. Alot of people here know I despise Kleenrite chemicals even if they have free shipping AKA MailOrder Soap as we call it. I couldn't image stepping down even LOWER on the Quality. You need Alkaline to clean cars as well as surfactant to make it stick ect. I mean if you are running your wash and charging the industry standard you can buy any of the big boy soap company's products. Chemicals are like one of the lowest expenses to running a wash. Cleaning cars should be #1 Goal in this Industry. If you notice all the guys that ran bathtub blenders and home depot brews went out of business and no longer in the carwash business.

Here is another example we are Self Serve washes in 2023 trying to Compete with Express and Tunnel washes giving away free Vaccums and $30 a month Unlimited memberships running premium chemicals and tire shine and here we are wanting to Save Save Save at our little self serve washes we gonna save our way into the future by running walmart soap and freaking dawn dish detergent man its laughable no wonder a new tunnel gets built across the street. Me Personally i want to run the very best soap i can afford and run the strongest pressure hot water everything you can put on a selector dial at a self serve bc it needs to be the best to compete in this day and age. My soapbox rant is over carry on.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
There was a thread on here a few weeks go that indicated Stone soap has an amazon store and offers free shipping. If you're gonna go cheap HP soap and foam brush are the two places you could probably cheap out a bit and get away with it.

Reaction score
I've been thinking about what's been said alot. My goal was not cheap out, fact the opposite. Im in the process of seriously updating the wash. Rainex soap on fb and hp is the only chemical currently offered at my wash for the last 10 years. Im bringing back wax, hp soap, sented fb, ps and adding tf foam cannon, tire foam. Air shimmy, cc and lights.. And as randy pointed out its not actually cheaper its less consecrated, and locally available in smaller quantities.
But, has anyone considered we live on dirt roads in the summer, and heavily salted roads in the winter. We are surrounded by dairys and farm land and desert. We have a touch free in town maintained by a national brand loaded with main chain soaps chemicals and products and features. I know its a touch free but frankly everyone around knows it just dosnt work on dirty cars.
In 50 miles we have 6 self serves 40 miles away we have 4 tunnels and if I followed group think I would be shut down as every self serve and 3 tunnel close up around September. I welcome the advice as its invaluable, but if im going to run a successful wash in this less than cookie cutter town im going to have to experiment and think outside the box as well. At the end of the day I bought a lot on main street. The wash is just for the community and a stragity to make the property pay for itself.

Randy

Reaction score
Guys please don't take this wrong but i have preached and preached this over the years on the form. DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON CHEMICALS you are in the Carwash Business (to clean cars as a Professional). Buying chemicals at Orileys, Dollar General & Wally World is not going to cut it. Alot of people here know I despise Kleenrite chemicals even if they have free shipping AKA MailOrder Soap as we call it. I couldn't image stepping down even LOWER on the Quality. You need Alkaline to clean cars as well as surfactant to make it stick ect. I mean if you are running your wash and charging the industry standard you can buy any of the big boy soap company's products. Chemicals are like one of the lowest expenses to running a wash. Cleaning cars should be #1 Goal in this Industry. If you notice all the guys that ran bathtub blenders and home depot brews went out of business and no longer in the carwash business.

Here is another example we are Self Serve washes in 2023 trying to Compete with Express and Tunnel washes giving away free Vaccums and $30 a month Unlimited memberships running premium chemicals and tire shine and here we are wanting to Save Save Save at our little self serve washes we gonna save our way into the future by running walmart soap and freaking dawn dish detergent man its laughable no wonder a new tunnel gets built across the street. Me Personally i want to run the very best soap i can afford and run the strongest pressure hot water everything you can put on a selector dial at a self serve bc it needs to be the best to compete in this day and age. My soapbox rant is over carry on.
And what would you recommend?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
How dose that math work?

Final dilution can be misleading and a little tricky. The hydrominder tip charts are based on: everything working perfectly, the water pressure feeding the hydrominder being consistent at 40psi, and the products being drawn at water thin viscosity. Only the most diligent operators keep everything just right- I don't think I do. Also, I bet that optimum ratio is in water with zero grains of hardness.

To further complicate most SS pump stations dilute the high pressure soap and wax into a tank, then it is further diluted when it enters into the water stream. Lets say you run a #6 tip at 1000 psi, that's 3 GPM or 384 ounces per minute. So if the target dilution if 600:1 you'd need about 384/600 =.64 ounces of concentrate in solution per minute. But in your example above since you've already diluted that concentrate into the soap tank with a yellow tip to 90:1 you'd have to draw about 57 ounces of diluted soap solution per minute which ain't happening on most SS systems I have experience with. And I hope my math is correct and someone checks it.

But that's why as Randy says use "whatever works for you". I find a lot of time I'm using tips on HP functions in the red-green range. Tan is usually a good starting point at 32:1. If it looks too weak after a couple of days I tip it up, if it looks like I can get away with turning it down I'll go down one size on tips and check it in a couple days after the tank has emptied and refilled several times. Chemical service people will just drain the tank and retest to save from making an additional trip. Once I get it dialed in I don't like to swap around because it starts the process over again.

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
You can get an idea of your final dilution ratio if you have flow meters on your chemicals feeding your pumps. To be more accurate you can perform a volumetric test with a graduated cylinder on your hydrominder.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
And what would you recommend?

Blue Corral
Blendco
Quest
Warsaw
CSI
Armorall/ZEP
Transchem
Qual Chem
Any of this will mop the floor on kleenrite and wall Mart dollar General soaps. If I ran that where I live I couldn't get any customers bc there are good operators that run good self serve washes where I live and would fall out on the ground laughing as well as the customers. Don't take it personal or me being a jerk but where I live it would be the truth.

This guy defiently needs to be running strong on chemicals dirt roads farm country and salt in the winter he needs all the help he can. Not to mention if he has hard water.

Last edited: