Blue Corral
Blendco
Quest
Warsaw
CSI
Armorall/ZEP
Transchem
Qual Chem
Any of this will mop the floor on kleenrite and wall Mart dollar General soaps. If I ran that where I live I couldn't get any customers bc there are good operators that run good self serve washes where I live and would fall out on the ground laughing as well as the customers. Don't take it personal or me being a jerk but where I live it would be the truth.

This guy defiently needs to be running strong on chemicals dirt roads farm country and salt in the winter he needs all the help he can. Not to mention if he has hard water.
I guess for the last 42 years we’ve been doing it all wrong, we don’t use any of the brands of soap that you’ve listed. We use JBS Fonic wash, Simoniz Correct and have been very happy with them both. Years ago I had a changer customer who’s day job was a research chemist. When I asked him what kind of soap he used he told me he made his own, he said car wash soap is like chemistry 101, a first year chemistry student should be able to make car wash soap. He was making 500 gallon batches and selling it to the local car washes operators. He gave me 5 gallons of the soap product he was making and it was an outstanding foam brush and high pressure soap that actually cleaned. His advice was you don’t need to use name brand products to get a clean car read the MSDS or the SDS and learn what’s in the soap product and educated yourself to what chemicals the product are made from.

washnshine

Reaction score
I guess for the last 42 years we’ve been doing it all wrong, we don’t use any of the brands of soap that you’ve listed. We use JBS Fonic wash, Simoniz Correct and have been very happy with them both. Years ago I had a changer customer who’s day job was a research chemist. When I asked him what kind of soap he used he told me he made his own, he said car wash soap is like chemistry 101, a first year chemistry student should be able to make car wash soap. He was making 500 gallon batches and selling it to the local car washes operators. He gave me 5 gallons of the soap product he was making and it was an outstanding foam brush and high pressure soap that actually cleaned. His advice was you don’t need to use name brand products to get a clean car read the MSDS or the SDS and learn what’s in the soap product and educated yourself to what chemicals the product are made from.
I’ve used Simoniz for years and have had tremendous success with their products. I think some manufacturers do make products that separate, gel up and create problems in chemical dispensing units and lines. That is what I would watch out for.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I knew a guy whose family has been in the car wash business since the 70s and actually ran the only local car wash service company for a couple of decades. When they sold the company back in the 2000s they were the turtle wax distributor. I visited his washes a year ago and he was using small bottles of dollar store dish washing soap in his SS.

I confess, I have bought 5 gallons of dish washing detergent at local restaurant supply houses when in a pinch

metromanhvac

Reaction score
I knew a guy whose family has been in the car wash business since the 70s and actually ran the only local car wash service company for a couple of decades. When they sold the company back in the 2000s they were the turtle wax distributor. I visited his washes a year ago and he was using small bottles of dollar store dish washing soap in his SS.

I confess, I have bought 5 gallons of dish washing detergent at local restaurant supply houses when in a pinch
Hey, Greg Pack, I was just reading your post about the dish washing soap. Quite interesting are you running a self serve car wash or something

else ? I am a new owner of a self serve wash in Birmingham.