What's new

Super 5000 troubles

Etowah

Rabbott

Reaction score
Yes
Are you saying the carriage or the gantry runs to the end of the track? Does it happen on any wash package? Programming been changed?
on every package the carriage runs to the end of the tracks in the end wash pass. But I get no errors

MEP001

Reaction score
on every package the carriage runs to the end of the tracks in the end wash pass.
And then what? Does it finish the wash and just park in the wrong place ready for the next wash? You may just need to reset the home position.

Rabbott

Reaction score
And then what? Does it finish the wash and just park in the wrong place ready for the next wash? You may just need to reset the home position.
It continues to try to move until it times out. It sits at the end of the track with the carriage wells spinning

MEP001

Reaction score
Post a video to be sure we're talking about the same thing.

semocarwasher

Reaction score
Is your floor limit prox working correctly? There are no magnets or metal laying on floor in the path of the prox right? . I have done a few service calls and found a bolt or magnet laying on floor causing machine to be confused. Check the carriage encoded as well. It seems like that was issue for us on that problem in the past

Rabbott

Reaction score
Is your floor limit prox working correctly? There are no magnets or metal laying on floor in the path of the prox right? . I have done a few service calls and found a bolt or magnet laying on floor causing machine to be confused. Check the carriage encoded as well. It seems like that was issue for us on that problem in the past
I’m not getting any errors, how would I check the floor limit prox?

Rabbott

Reaction score
I’m not getting any errors, how would I check the floor limit prox?
I was trying to take things one at a time, but maybe they are related, my mechanic is in the hospital. Other things not working, side spinners not spinning, tri foam not working, spot free rinse not working.

semocarwasher

Reaction score
I was trying to take things one at a time, but maybe they are related, my mechanic is in the hospital. Other things not working, side spinners not spinning, tri foam not working, spot free rinse not working.
They don’t sound related. The limits on that machine are detected on the floor of passenger side. There are two pieces of metal on floor, one at entrance and one at exit. Make 100% sure there is not a piece of metal somewhere on floor. Run the machine to front and rear and make sure prox is lighting up when it gets over the plate. If you can get someone inside make sure the input is coming on as well as soon as it sees the floor plate.

MEP001

Reaction score
Not trying to be rude, but this shows you don't know enough about this machine to fix this problem. You're more likely to get hurt than figure this out. None of these problems are related in any way.

Rabbott

Reaction score
Not trying to be rude, but this shows you don't know enough about this machine to fix this problem. You're more likely to get hurt than figure this out. None of these problems are related in any way.
I agree. But all of these things happened at once. Machine was running fine.

Rabbott

Reaction score
They don’t sound related. The limits on that machine are detected on the floor of passenger side. There are two pieces of metal on floor, one at entrance and one at exit. Make 100% sure there is not a piece of metal somewhere on floor. Run the machine to front and rear and make sure prox is lighting up when it gets over the plate. If you can get someone inside make sure the input is coming on as well as soon as it sees the floor plate.
Got it working today. Prox switch on drivers side was replaced which fixed the not homing at the end of the wash issue
There was a loose connection up top for the side spinners.
Clear coat issue solved by turning up the air pressure.
Tri foam issue was loose relay.

it’s just really strange that all of these things happened at once.

Rabbott

Reaction score
I have a question on the D&s super5000. The wash runs fine but when it is finished sometimes the exit light doesn’t go out. I think it’s in the amplifiers or the eyes but I have changed the amplifiers around and installed a new one.

MEP001

Reaction score
Does it have an in-position switch? IIRC the regular 5000 and the Super5000 use the same treadle setup, and with the regular if the switch fails closed the exit light will stay on. Nothing on the gantry tells the computer that the car has left the bay.

Rabbott

Reaction score
It does have a toggle treadle switch. So possibly it’s bad?

MEP001

Reaction score
Yes, it's easy to test quickly by unhooking the wire inside the cabinet. If it's shorted closed, the exit light will go out when you unhook the wire from the input.

Rabbott

Reaction score
Ok. Tested that light didn’t go out. On the computer, light 32, fear photo eyes, not lit. Flipped the circuit breaker for the computer off and one. 32 lit up and it is ready to go. But it will do the same thing after the next wash.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Are you sure the treadle switch itself isn't sticking? Not sure if in previous post the switch mentioned is the actual treadle switch in the bay, or the toggle switch on the control cabinet. Both do the same thing.