What's new

Strange issue with Washworld Razor

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Today the wash stopped again at the same spot.šŸ¤¬šŸ˜ ā˜¹
I'll investigate and keep you updated...
Where is your distributor during this? Was a tech the one who tightened the belts?

What is the plc error code? Did you ever investigate the simultaneous input signals on you input cards? I believe they were gantry home and gantry rear limit / front limit all lit; this, in my experience, is illogical and indicates a malfunction of prox / cable / relay/cable end.

JustClean

Reaction score
Waxman, I'm in a very remote part of Australia. My closest distributor is 1300miles away. Then there is the time difference with the Washworld factory which doesn't make things easier....and No technical service 24hrs isn't as easy as advertised.

There is no error message anywhere, we checked the cards and everything looks normal and we replaced all sensors, cables....but any other input much appreciated šŸ„“
Thank you.

JustClean

Reaction score
If I don't find anything else I will do this. We have been very busy since it stopped and since then it hasn't missed a beat! I hate those interim problems. I'll keep you updated.

JustClean

Reaction score
Yesterday the arch went around the car and with every cycle it got closer and closer to the car at the back. The distance to the side was still right. Eventually it hit the hitch. Wouldn't that mean that I not only had a broken trolley gearbox but also a broken bridge gearbox at the same time???
Honestly: This all sucks! :(

APW

Reaction score
Yesterday the arch went around the car and with every cycle it got closer and closer to the car at the back. The distance to the side was still right. Eventually it hit the hitch. Wouldn't that mean that I not only had a broken trolley gearbox but also a broken bridge gearbox at the same time???
Honestly: This all sucks! :(
If it only did it on High Pressure it could be a gearbox. If it did it while applying low pressure on the first couple of passes I would think it would be the prox or the flag. When I first installed my Razor 3 the coupling that holds the shaft together near the prox and carriage gearbox was not tight causing the prox not to read the helicopter flag right and I had the same problem as you are describing.

MEP001

Reaction score
I had the same problem with a Belanger Vector. Once the carriage gearbox got worn, the pressure would push the machine down the rails a bit when it was supposed to be stopped, and for some brilliant reason the prox isn't active when the carriage isn't supposed to be moving so it doesn't "know" it's drifting.

JustClean

Reaction score
To answer your questions:
Bobcat: Unfortunately, I cannot push it by hand. This is why I am a bit hesitant to replace two gearboxes (can 2 gearboxes fail at the same time?).
Mep: With the high pressure I think it would blast the arch further away from the car...but it gets somehow closer with every turn.
APW: I replaced the prox and the cables as it also does it with low pressure.

It's really weird. That intermittent stop a foot before the home position has now stopped but it does now closer circles.
My distributor is going to contact Washworld for new software which means I gotta come in at 3am in the morning for the update. Not a problem but I hope it's not a waste of my beauty sleep :LOL:

bobcat9095

Reaction score
My gearboxes all went bad at approximately the same time. Iā€™m thinking it was when the machine was 8-9 years old. Hopefully new software will remedy your issues! The ones like youā€™re having are the worst. Especially when WW canā€™t help you out either. So frustrating. Also, I could push my carriage back and forth when that gear box went bad. The trolley I could not. The arch just had a lot of ā€œslopā€ in it.

JustClean

Reaction score
I still don't think software is going to be the issue. I think you have something mechanical wearing out. I know it may seem expensive, but I would put new gearboxes in.
Over the years I had more strange issues (seems to be the story of my life...hahaha). At one stage the machine was slowly moving while in home position but that was many years ago and now has completely stopped. I definitely going to replace the gearboxes, if that software update or whatever Washworld throws at me doesn't work out. I've already put two gearboxes on hold at my distributor but of course we'll try the cheaper option first. :)

water guy

Reaction score
I'm still kinda disappointed that A Washworld Tech hasn't come down and observe this .This is the one that kicks our Ass.And Embarrasses US in front of Our Customers. Plus Losing Business!

JustClean

Reaction score
I'm still kinda disappointed that A Washworld Tech hasn't come down and observe this .This is the one that kicks our Ass.And Embarrasses US in front of Our Customers. Plus Losing Business!
Hi water guy,
I think I mentioned that before. I am in a very remote area of Australia. The closest technician is 1300 miles away and this issue happens maybe once a week or fortnight. Unfortunately, it's not that easy getting the technician in, especially in Covid times. The software will be updated Monday night and hopefully we'll know more by then.
We'll get to the bottom of it eventually šŸ˜‰

New Washdog

Reaction score
Hi water guy,
I think I mentioned that before. I am in a very remote area of Australia. The closest technician is 1300 miles away and this issue happens maybe once a week or fortnight. Unfortunately, it's not that easy getting the technician in, especially in Covid times. The software will be updated Monday night and hopefully we'll know more by then.
We'll get to the bottom of it eventually šŸ˜‰
I would recommend getting a gearbox, motor and power cord on the way. Yes it's expensive but even if you end up not needing it now, you will eventually if you plan on keeping the wash a long time. And the price of such parts will not get cheaper with time. You will also most certainly experience less down time when you eventually need it.

We are having Razors installed next month, and my plan is to start stocking big items such as gearboxes within the first two years of the install.

OurTown

Reaction score
How many washes are you guys getting out of your Razor gear boxes?

Eric H

Reaction score
How many washes are you guys getting out of your Razor gear boxes?
I had to replace a gearbox on a machine with about 20,000 washes and a motor on another with about 80,000. Those are the ONLY major repairs Iā€™ve had to do. Any other repairs have been related to ā€œcustomer incidentsā€.