What's new

Strange issue with Washworld Razor

bobcat9095

Reaction score
But it would be more helpful to share here in case someone else has the same issue.
Got it. I was just trying to maybe help JustClean resolve his issue the easiest way possible.

I was having a very similar, maybe even the same issue. This was when my machine was about the same age as JustClean's Razor is now. My arch was sporadically stopping short of the home position causing a right limit fault on start up test. I tried everything that me and WW Techs could think of including checking prox switches, wires, flag position etc. The problem continued. One day while trying to figure it out I began shaking the arch (for what reason I do not recall) and I noticed that when I did the shaft on the trolley gear box (the one with the cross shaped flag) would turn. Therefore throwing off the flag position. We determined that the gear box was worn. Replaced that and having had an issue since.

I was also told by a WW Tech that there is a way to know correct position of that flag which I described in an earlier post. My WW distributor techs didn't even know that fact. You run your arch as far as it will go to the driver side with it rotated to 90. The flag should be straight up and down directly over the prox in that position.

JustClean

Reaction score
Got it. I was just trying to maybe help JustClean resolve his issue the easiest way possible.

I was having a very similar, maybe even the same issue. This was when my machine was about the same age as JustClean's Razor is now. My arch was sporadically stopping short of the home position causing a right limit fault on start up test. I tried everything that me and WW Techs could think of including checking prox switches, wires, flag position etc. The problem continued. One day while trying to figure it out I began shaking the arch (for what reason I do not recall) and I noticed that when I did the shaft on the trolley gear box (the one with the cross shaped flag) would turn. Therefore throwing off the flag position. We determined that the gear box was worn. Replaced that and having had an issue since.

I was also told by a WW Tech that there is a way to know correct position of that flag which I described in an earlier post. My WW distributor techs didn't even know that fact. You run your arch as far as it will go to the driver side with it rotated to 90. The flag should be straight up and down directly over the prox in that position.
Thanks for that. I tried it but nothing. It all seems good. I hate those errors. And the funny thing is I don't even get an error message on the display! It's like the error never happened. Do you guys think this could be a software glitch? I reset the PLC. Didn't make a difference. :(

water guy

Reaction score
I'm not sure why Washworld hasn't chimmed in on this conversation. They have some good customer support can't they monitor your machine as well

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No I don't think it's a software glitch. It sounds like a mechanical problem to me.

APW

Reaction score
No, I didn't want to go with that expense unless I am 100% sure. I was shaking the arch and was trying to move the trolley by hand but it all looks very normal to me...hmm...
Put the arch in the middle of the bay and then push from each side.

JustClean

Reaction score
Put the arch in the middle of the bay and then push from each side.
Done! I can't push it. If I try it very hard I might get less the 1/2 inch moving. It doesn't look like the gearbox.
When it gets a bit quieter I will remove the motor and turn the gearbox by hand to see if I can feel something.

JustClean

Reaction score
Seems logical. One could always keep the used one for a spare if the new one does not fix the issue.
I NEVER keep used parts as spares. If both parts work I put the old one back in and keep the new one as a spare. Otherwise over time you will end up with many problems on your machine as you never know if that old spare part is the problem:)

APW

Reaction score
Done! I can't push it. If I try it very hard I might get less the 1/2 inch moving. It doesn't look like the gearbox.
When it gets a bit quieter I will remove the motor and turn the gearbox by hand to see if I can feel something.
I wouldn't bother doing that. Everytime I've had one fail I could push it. Sounds like your gearbox is fine.

Etowah

bobcat9095

Reaction score
Do you have to reset your arch when it happens? Mine showed right limit fault.

JustClean

Reaction score
Do you have to reset your arch when it happens? Mine showed right limit fault.
Yes. The machine stops a foot before the final home position (east-west) after final rinse. Stop light still on for next customer but no drive-out light. I have to manually drive it in home position. As soon as I do this everything is good again....and still no error message.
The interesting thing is if I first drive the trolley away from the home position and then back it recognises the flag and is able to stop. If I drive it straight towards the home position it slams into the end stop....

bobcat9095

Reaction score
if it slams into the end position then it’s not reading your right limit prox. It IS weird that you aren’t getting a fault code. The next time it does it I would 1. See where the prox switch is in relation to the flag and see if it’s lit up 2. See what your Wash Status says (it’s probably going to say “start up test”). Do this before you move the arch at all.

JustClean

Reaction score
if it slams into the end position then it’s not reading your right limit prox. It IS weird that you aren’t getting a fault code. The next time it does it I would 1. See where the prox switch is in relation to the flag and see if it’s lit up 2. See what your Wash Status says (it’s probably going to say “start up test”). Do this before you move the arch at all.
It just happened right now.
1. Prox switch is on the flag and lit up.
2. No error message on the display when it happened, now WASH OUT OF SERVICE (15min) and then CAR STUCK IN BAY.

IMG20210530163642_compress3.jpg
IMG20210530164316_compress26.jpg
IMG20210530164401_compress91.jpg