What's new

SS Soap and Wax plumbing

Reaction score
Can I see some pictures of how you all plumb the soap and wax functions on a self serve system. I have cat 310's and have issues with getting products to the bay. One bay seems ok and the other is an issue

MEP001

Reaction score
You may need to restrict the flow of water by partially closing the ball valve from the tank to force them to draw soap and wax.

MEP001

Reaction score
It can be tee'd in anywhere to the pump inlet. I try to keep it close to the pump, unlike some systems like Coleman who tee it in at the bottom of the tank with a 3/4" hose going to the pump which increases changeover time.

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic, my soap and wax have always entered in what appears to be where your wax enters, on the pressure relief side ever since I bought the place? It makes more sense that they enter on the water in side.
Thanks again

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Here's a pic of how I have mine plumbed. BTW, its important to know my system is plumbed using gravity feed hot and cold water supply. I don't know that it matters much as long as the soap and wax are plumbed to the water inlet to the pump, this is just how I set mine up...I don't have any flow valves installed to restrict flow to get soap and wax to feed...Never a pump cavitation issue...The 1/2" fittings in the supply hose creates just enough vacuum to draw chemicals.

Reaction score
Here's a pic of how I have mine plumbed. BTW, its important to know my system is plumbed using gravity feed hot and cold water supply. I don't know that it matters much as long as the soap and wax are plumbed to the water inlet to the pump, this is just how I set mine up...I don't have any flow valves installed to restrict flow to get soap and wax to feed...Never a pump cavitation issue...The 1/2" fittings in the supply hose creates just enough vacuum to draw chemicals.

That's exactly how I have mine plumbed now and I also have gravity fed water. But I had to cut the ball valves back a lot more then I thought I would!Actually I'm on the cusp of cavitation but it's working great!

Thanks for everyone's help!

MEP001

Reaction score
I use 1/2" hose to feed the pump from the tank, with this check valve on the line:
It creates some restriction, not enough to cause any issues, and the way they go together there's no way for the spring or seal to come loose and cause the valve to jam like the SMC ones do. Anytime there's 3/4" hose and 3/4" check valve I end up restricting the flow with the ball valve. Why have bigger plumbing if you end up throttling it back to make it work?

Reaction score
That's a great idea, I'll give that a try! I only have 1/2" tubing as well but I always worry about the chance of the ball valves being moved.....

Thanks Again