What's new

Spot Free Hookup

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
Can you physically lower the entire pump so you can take advantage of more of your tank volume?

Noob

Reaction score
It’s on a stand so it would take some rigging. I could potentially take it off the legs and mount the play to the wall. The regulator is actually pretty low. Could the pump be turned on its side?

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
My pumps are sitting higher like yours, never been an issue. My low water shut off is low in the tank. As i said before with a check as the fail safe to keep prime but more importantly keeping your tank level above the inlet you shouldn't have any issues, i never have.

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
As long as the check valve works 100%... you should be ok. But that pump will destroy itself if ever run dry.

Randy

Reaction score
Try laying the pump on the floor so it's in a flooded state all the time. We have all of our pump laying horizontal, slightly lower than the bottom of the tank. We do this there is always water going to the pump, this also helps make the pump last longer, it doesn't have to work so hard.

Noob

Reaction score
Randy, did you make a floor stand for the pump to pay on? Buy one? Bolt straight to the floor?

Last edited:

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Finally got to work on hooking up the delivery system today. I can’t seem to get the pump to prime. Does anybody have any pointers. The pump kicks on but there’s no water flow.
That's because that pump is meant to be gravity fed and the water level in your storage tank is lower than the inlet to the pump.

Noob

Reaction score
Is it normal for the system to still have pressure on it after it’s kicked off?

Attachments

Noob

Reaction score
Should I install an overflow protection at the top of the tank that plumbed into a drain in case I have a float malfunction?