What's new

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign…

sjb

Reaction score

traveler17

Reaction score
lol they won’t. But I like them !! I put up some new bright signs the other day, the “no truck bed washing” and no heavy mud washing that hit you in the face next to the meter box. Pulled in to find skme
Dip💩 spraying his bed out yesterday. At least I caught him

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the sense of humor in the signs too. It's too bad that people blatantly ignore the signs and do what they want anyway, but at least you have a sign to Point to when they give you a blank stare as you are correcting them and their bad behavior.

I'm going to take a new approach with my signs. For years I resisted the signs saying no this and no that because I didn't want to have a business that told everyone no. But that was a mistake to think that I could operate a kinder gentler car wash. There's no such thing because of the customers. I'm not trying to sound too jaded but the few that take extreme advantage are the reason for the signs saying not to do this or that.
My new sign to put near the towel dry station will say some thing that I copied off the back of the school bus. "Unlawful to remove towels from the premises."

Roz

Reaction score
Customers do not read, anything. I placed a simple to read sign next to the meter box giving away $5 for the SS bay to use our loyalty card (preloaded with $5 that we give away). I can easily count the number of cards we have given away. When asked people say they never saw the sign - we just tune out things as we are super-saturated with ads and other types of distracting noise.

edredtop

Reaction score
I've got these in the hopper, just waiting for the "No Defecating," "No Heroin," "No Sex in the Bays," and "Please Don't Leave Needles or Condoms."

Thankfully, "If You Have Removed A Dead Body to Clean Your Van, Please Remember to Take It With You! -Have a nice day!"
seems to be a few months off.😆

Attachments

sjb

Reaction score
I hear ya, and it’s 5% yahoo’s that mess it up for the rest of the good folks… and everyone knows it, sooo…. you might as well mess with them…

What if your sign said…

Please don’t steal our towels, Your Mother is watching!

Big Brother wants his towels back, please don’t take ours!

Clean towels, provide clean karma,
Please return towels, and thanks for your business!

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
Love the Hellfire missle idea. Have always thought about putting signs up that say free $20 just ask attendant. Most people just don’t read signs.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Rumor has it you could go to a certain video site on the interwebs and find videos on how to make a your own rocket launching drone but that couldn't be true and as a moderately respected member of this industry and employee of a manufacturer in this industry I would never recommend anything like that. That just wouldn't be appropriate....no matter how funny the video of someone trashing a wash being chased by an armed drone may be.