What's new

Sample Apology Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

seattleguy

Reaction score
For most complaints (something not working or even user error) I send out 20 free tokens and air freshener. Seems cheap to keep a happy customer.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Enclosed is a refund for the money you lost recently and also a coupon for a free wash. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
I.B. Washincars

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Make sure you keep track of those you send refunds to so you don't get repeat offenders trying to scam you.

seattleguy

Reaction score
Make sure you keep track of those you send refunds to so you don't get repeat offenders trying to scam you.
Great point! We weren't at first and quickly learned the hard way that it is necessary.

MEP001

Reaction score
cellardale@aol.com said:
Hey, I am a new owner (two weeks). I just got my first complaint. Does anyone have a good sample apology letter?
I prefer a simple hand-written note wrapped around the refund in cash. Having a "form letter" might convey that requests for refunds are common.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
With computers you can make custom letters with identical content. People don't like to read a lot of stuff.

"Please accept the enclosed $xxx refund and Free Wash Coupon with my apologies for any inconvenience."

Thank you for taking the time to alert us to this issue.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I first speak with the customer to better understand the problem. Many times there has been no fault of ours and simply a customer who did not understand how the equipment worked, or misused it.

MEP001

Reaction score
bigleo48 said:
I first speak with the customer to better understand the problem. Many times there has been no fault of ours and simply a customer who did not understand how the equipment worked, or misused it.
Same here, but they still receive an apology and a refund.

Definitely. In fact I just had some woman try to scam me. There's a phone number on the door to a cell phone with a recorded message to leave a name and number. This woman walked up to me and said she put a $20 in the changer and it only gave her $5 in change (I knew to be a lie because the count wasn't off). I asked if she called the number on the door and she said "they" told her to catch me there and I'd give her a refund. I looked her in the eye and said "They would never tell you that." She persisted with her lie, but I just told her to call the number again. Of course she never did.

Reaction score
I agree with keeping names and phone numbers!!! scammers are out in force and they spread the word, oh, just call them, they will give you a free carwash! Thats when you ask what kind and color car do you drive! Then review your tape!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Now....an example of the apology letter you REALLY want to send........
"Dear XXX"
You are an idiot, unable to comprehend the simplest mechanism. Credit card slots are not for depositing coins. (Or any of the bazillion numb nuts stunts mentioned here).

Your existance only serves to drain our planets resources and will only be of use when you become compost. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

zzzzz
Head MF in charge. "

Kevin James

Reaction score
I don't see why you have to be such a JERK Earl!! All he wants is a Sample letter.

Here ya go "cellardale.aol.com"

Your Car wash
403 Any Street
Your Town, USA

TO OUR “GREATEST ASSET,” OUR CUSTOMERS!

Thank you for taking the time to call and inform us of a mechanical problem during your recent visit at Your Car wash. We sincerely regret that you were unable to receive a service, and we apologize for the inconvenience and frustration it has caused you.

Please accept our apologies for the less than satisfactory experience. Since you’re accustomed to washing your vehicle at Your Car wash, you must know how much we pride ourselves on our facility and reliable equipment. Our equipment efficiency or dependability rating continually scores over 99.1%. Once in a while though, there can be unexpected mechanical problems due to a variety of equipment or consumer demands. Please be assured that corrective measures have been taken to prevent such occurrences in the future.

As a gesture of concern over this matter, and in an effort to restore your faith in Your Car wash, we would appreciate having the opportunity to welcome you back. Please find enclosed your refund.

We will continue to do our very best to give you the most dependable, reliable services, and products in the future. We look forward to serving you again soon, and happy washing!
Sincerely,

Your Name
Maintenance Administrator
Your Car wash

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Kevin that is a great letter.
Mine is not as eloquent as yours but I give them double their refund and explain this as a token of my appreciation for their business and inconvenience.

Kevin James

Reaction score
Lack of Professionalism!!!!

Please read Tofargone's post again.
Anyone who thinks of their customers as an “idiot or Stupid” or posts on a public forum such a remark, even in jest shows a total lack of Professionalism to their business and to the carwash industry.

MEP001

Reaction score
Kevin James said:
Anyone who thinks of their customers as an “idiot or Stupid” or posts on a public forum such a remark, even in jest shows a total lack of Professionalism to their business and to the carwash industry.
May I refer you to your numerous posts where you've said that being in the self-serve car wash business is like being a janitor who works for their customers?

Kevin James

Reaction score
May I refer you to your numerous posts where you've said that being in the self-serve car wash business is like being a janitor who works for their customers?
No MEP001 That’s not what I’ve been saying. What I’ve been saying is the Self Serve car wash business is basically a low profit Janitorial business, the truth always smarts a bit.

I have never referred or thought of a customer or an employee as an “idiot” or being to “Stupid” to figure out how to operate the equipment. We treat our customers and our employee’s with respect. I wonder how many other business owners can say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Etowah