What's new

Ryko SoftGloss Clutch kit

ajdingo

Reaction score
Sorry for asking, Why you need to replace the clutch? What was the problem of the car wash? I'm wondering Due to, I think i'm having a problem with my cluth.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I have asked Ryko to design me a full core assembly without the clutch so far they are resisting because they say it save mirrors and antennas that's b.s because I have my soft-gloss setup so it does not disengage the clutches otherwise it tends to miss areas on the vehicle never had any damage since I changed it that way and when the clutch breaks OMG if it has rusted itself onto the shaft better clear your schedule for the rest of the evening to dismantle and replace the entire clutch and shaft many great "get-bys" will work but look at all the other in-bay mfg companies with tall rear arms even in tunnels a "clutch" option doesn't serve a purpose many customers have said in the past they thought the brushes we're broken when they stopped spinning because of the clutch feature. In a nutshell I hate clutches on my softgloss

soapy

Reaction score
I understand that Ryko will be bringing a new softgloss without clutches very soon. It will let them drop the price of the machine.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I heard the same thing as Soapy. We keep all of our clutches running properly and have never tied the two sections together. The foam brite retro kit to for a Voyager two does not have clutches.

Rfl6543

Reaction score
Has anybody installed just the clutch kit fot the rear arms? there is another wash owner who just bought one from Ryko and wants me to install it with no instructions so I asked Ryko and they said I have to sawzaw the shaft off above the lower section to get access to the bolts I think they just wanted me to bring the kit back and get the whole assembly for $2K.
Ryko doesn't put clutches on new SGXS, and the retro kits do not use clutches, so straight shaft with hubs might be the way to go. I have a few sgxs with out the clutches and it works just fine

Rfl6543

Reaction score
I understand that Ryko will be bringing a new softgloss without clutches very soon. It will let them drop the price of the machine.
This has been confirmed, and they work fine without the clutches

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I was at the factory last week and yes all the new CleanTouch Maxx Systems are headed out without clutches, now I wonder how much a retrokit will cost once a clutch goes out.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
A softgloss shaft kit includes: shaft, keystock and snap ring (the clutch is sold separately) it retails for $243.32. The original Voyager 2's came with the old style polypropylene brushes, the retro to install foambrite does not use a clutch. Its just a short shaft that connects to the brush tube and replaces the clutch. The new Softgloss Maxx does not have clutches.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I did notice the cut off the top row of foambrite on the new machines. I guess its so the brush material does not catch on the covers.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
They need to make the top sections ALOT longer to contour to the high sides of vans and suv's or introduce a new rear arm swing design like Sonny's I5 Baywash.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
So if you have to replace the shaft and bearings you just leave off the clutch?

captain cw

Reaction score
You can get a short shaft that replaces the clutch from Ryko. That's what I did with my SoftGloss. Been going great for two years.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I need to replace my bearing though which may mean replacing the whloe shaft. Do I need more than 1 shaft?
Thanks

Reaction score
Clutch problems

Has anybody installed just the clutch kit fot the rear arms? there is another wash owner who just bought one from Ryko and wants me to install it with no instructions so I asked Ryko and they said I have to sawzaw the shaft off above the lower section to get access to the bolts I think they just wanted me to bring the kit back and get the whole assembly for $2K.
You don't have to remove the clutch, I dropped 2 bolts down between the others and it locked the 2 shafts together. So not to have any damage claims, I installed a mirror saver that cost about $65 to do both rear brushes. It makes the brush go around the mirror so it doesn’t impact it and break it off. If you need help on this, drop me an email. kevinb@astromatic.com

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well my Softgloss clutch went out and I ordered the Softgloss Maxx clutchless kit over at Ryko, it consists of a 1' 1/2 shaft weldment and the aluminum core I will be installing it tonight.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Hey Dirt do you still have those pictures? I have one I need to do today and I didn't save it! Thanks

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
I had them about 4 computers ago, but not now. Send me a text, and I'll text you a picture of them. 724-321-1211

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I did it last night. I just used 4 of those straps that you use to put on the new softgloss pieces. Knock on wood looks great today. We had had lines for days now. It's been fun!