What's new

Ryko SoftGloss Clutch kit

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Has anybody installed just the clutch kit fot the rear arms? there is another wash owner who just bought one from Ryko and wants me to install it with no instructions so I asked Ryko and they said I have to sawzaw the shaft off above the lower section to get access to the bolts I think they just wanted me to bring the kit back and get the whole assembly for $2K.

captain cw

Reaction score
Rarely can you just do the clutch. You most always have to cut the old shaft and also replace the shaft. We've been just replacing the clutch with a fixed shaft and eliminating the clutch. No damage claims as a result. The clutch looks neat, but in my opinion is not worth the money.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have a piece of an arm in my office. I have not been able to find anyone with a press powerful enough to get that $800 clutch off so that I can use it again. They replaced everything when they fixed it and yeah it was close to 2 grand.

Lavando

Reaction score
I Loosened 2 Of The 4? Bolts Holding The Halves Together Enough So That The Bolts Bottomed Out Holding The Sections Together. It Has Been Working Fine About 6 Months Now, But There Is Still The Gap At The Clutch. Lav

Etowah

Gabriel

Reaction score
Dirt, you are absolutely making this too easy. This fix looks like something that would work fine and cost approximately nothing. That is just not fair. In addition from looking at the picture I would say that it has been working fine for quite a long time. Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diamond joe

Reaction score
this may be a stupid question but do those bolts go thru or do they screw into the plastic hub?

NJpdq

Reaction score
They are self taping screws, 2" inches long, they just screw into the shaft.

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
Amazing how rumors get started.
Mr Diamond Joe, I personally have never heard a stupid question. Those are left over screws from the plastic hinges on my Ultimate doors. They simply screw into the plastic hub. If you do this, make sure to use stainless or aluminum materials only.
As for stupid answers, does anyone think that a 2" screw would make it to the center of a 6" hub?:confused:

Attachments

NJpdq

Reaction score
Mr. Dirt, not sure what your referring to as 6" thick, but a standard foam brite brush section is only about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 thick so yes a 2" screw would go through the brush and into the shaft.

harley 489

Reaction score
Help! We have rear brushes tangling, breakers blowing, now reducer and cluch replace!

Our Ryko soft gloss is only 2 years old and we been having serious problems for over 6 months with no resolution.
Ryko said the rear brushes were tangling because we were not using Ryko chemical. So we switched back. The problem continued and customers were losing their wash from blown breakers. We replaced the breakers, the the reducer (gearbox) and the problem still continues! Now the clutch we are told is bad and left arm needs to be replaced. We have been told by Ryko the problem may still continue once this is replaced. We are so frustrated and are losing irate customers.
Can anyone help shed any light on what we can do??:

NJpdq

Reaction score
There are a couple of set up questions to look at, clutch at rear, and HP at rear. There is also some timers to set correctly, Does your wash also have the rear arm oscillate option? There could be many other things going on, could be air pressure, relief valve. I'm sure some things I cant think of now.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Harley-

Here are a few questions I need answers to:

1. What are your air pressure settings set at on the pneumatic manifold on the Softgloss?
2. What Ryko Chemical(s) are you useing?
3. Do you have a Code a Wash?

Here are the Default Factory Air Settings for the SoftGloss XS:

Regulator 1 Foam Bath 40-60 psi
Regulator 2 Wheel Scrub Right 40 psi
Regulator 3 Wheel Scrub Left 40 psi
Regulator 4 Return Rear 60 psi
Regulator 5 Return Front 60 psi
Regulator 6 Rear Trail 10 psi
Regulator 7 Rear Air 45 psi
Regulator 8 High Front Air 65 psi
Regulator 9 Front Air 45 psi
Regulator 10 Top Brush 85-110 psi

If your clutch was bad the top section would not spin fast enough to tangle with the other brush, who is your distributor?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I would submit that the repair guys lost all credibility when they tried to blame it on not using Ryko chemicals. It seems like the rear ocillate would help. Mine will occaissionally get tangled in a trailer hitch but never with each other.
Did you go for the first 1.5 years before this started?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Does anybody know what happened to Dirt's pictures? I think I may need to do the same thing to mine.

Etowah