What's new

Ryko signature series

Austin.james96

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve got a Ryko signature series self serve station. I had this issue with bay 3 with a solenoid that was bad holding my valve open. Before I ordered the block with new solenoids/coils I was tinkering with it and pulled the solenoid/coil off and went outside to mess with bay 3 from the outside. While while I did this beings that the solenoid was continuously running I pulled it off and it melted and tripped the breaker. (It never got hot enough to melt while it was secured to the block for some reason?) anyway I though, no big deal so I ordered the new block coil/solenoid and got it all installed flipped my breaker and now for some reason all 11 of my wash options are coming on simultaneously And continuously. I immediately turned the breaker off and shut down bay 3 to try and figure out the issue. I’ve unplugged each of the coil/solenoids from each option and tested them all( to check for a short) and they all did the same thing. Was thinking the next thing to check would be the timer assembly possibly? Let me know if you guys know anything or have any suggestions thanks!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I too have a Ryko Signature series and I have had this problem, Ryko Technical Support will probably respond in the morning with a possible solution. Do you have Ryko coinboxes in each S.S bay?.

Austin.james96

Reaction score
I too have a Ryko Signature series and I have had this problem, Ryko Technical Support will probably respond in the morning with a possible solution. Do you have Ryko coinboxes in each S.S bay?.
Yes, I do. I have 4 bays and each of them have a ryko coin box. I believe i may have found the problem.(not sure completely, id like to get some more input before i order a the parts). I have found that the PCB Expander Assembly(224697-001) has quite a few spots that have definite shorts in it. I've also found that the PCB Assembly-Relay out (24697-005) also has a few spots with possible shorts also but not 100% on this one. all other circuit boards in the coin box look fine as far as i can tell.

Austin.james96

Reaction score
Yes, I do. I have 4 bays and each of them have a ryko coin box. I believe i may have found the problem.(not sure completely, id like to get some more input before i order a the parts). I have found that the PCB Expander Assembly(224697-001) has quite a few spots that have definite shorts in it. I've also found that the PCB Assembly-Relay out (24697-005) also has a few spots with possible shorts also but not 100% on this one. all other circuit boards in the coin box look fine as far as i can tell.
Excuse me, i meant to type 24697* and not 22697 for the first part number!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
24697-001PCB ASSY/EXPANDER, SELF SERVE06/25/2019Total Price746.17
24697-005PCB ASSY/RELAY OUT,SS,LED PAT06/25/2019Total Price721.49

Last edited:

Austin.james96

Reaction score
nice, thanks for the info! would you recommend the wash card bay station?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I highly recommend the WashCard BayStation, those Ryko boxes are 16"x16". I would first see what Ryko Technical support has to say on this before getting anxious about buying new equipment.

kangamar

Reaction score
24697-001PCB ASSY/EXPANDER, SELF SERVE06/25/2019Total Price746.17
24697-005PCB ASSY/RELAY OUT,SS,LED PAT06/25/2019Total Price721.49

View attachment 522
Steve, ive had a Ryko SS for a few years but know next to nothing. where did you get that drawing? Do you have any manuals/schemactics a newbie like me could use? Thanks

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have the Ryko Signature Series and have had to replace various boards and even 2 timers ( the key pad ).

I've used Radwell International, Inc to repair both the relay boards as well as the multiplexer ? ( Where all the cables plug into). Cost me about $225 to repair the boards compared to $700+ new.

soapy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve got a Ryko signature series self serve station. I had this issue with bay 3 with a solenoid that was bad holding my valve open. Before I ordered the block with new solenoids/coils I was tinkering with it and pulled the solenoid/coil off and went outside to mess with bay 3 from the outside. While while I did this beings that the solenoid was continuously running I pulled it off and it melted and tripped the breaker. (It never got hot enough to melt while it was secured to the block for some reason?) anyway I though, no big deal so I ordered the new block coil/solenoid and got it all installed flipped my breaker and now for some reason all 11 of my wash options are coming on simultaneously And continuously. I immediately turned the breaker off and shut down bay 3 to try and figure out the issue. I’ve unplugged each of the coil/solenoids from each option and tested them all( to check for a short) and they all did the same thing. Was thinking the next thing to check would be the timer assembly possibly? Let me know if you guys know anything or have any suggestions thanks!

kangamar

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help man. Give me a text it's a lot easier to communicate. Not sure if I'll ever be in a position to ever give you advice, but you never know

Last edited:

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Steve, ive had a Ryko SS for a few years but know next to nothing. where did you get that drawing? Do you have any manuals/schemactics a newbie like me could use? Thanks
If you are a current customer and purchased the equipment, you can register at portal.ryko.com, and be able to have access to the manuals for your machine. The service manuals would include the electrical/pneumatic schematics for your specific machine along with it's associated BOM's and part numbers.

Austin.james96

Reaction score
I have the Ryko Signature Series and have had to replace various boards and even 2 timers ( the key pad ).

I've used Radwell International, Inc to repair both the relay boards as well as the multiplexer ? ( Where all the cables plug into). Cost me about $225 to repair the boards compared to $700+ new.
Luckily this place is not far at all from me, I will Definitely check them out for the price it’s worth a shot at least appreciate the advice

DiamondWash

Reaction score

CWG I'm so glad you told us about Radwell International you may have just saved me hundreds of dollars.

soapy

Reaction score
I have had the signature series for 16 years now and have never had to replace anything in the bay boxes or pump stand other than one bank of solenoids that the tire clean ate away.. Oh I have replaced a couple of spot free rinse procon pumps.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I have had the signature series for 16 years now and have never had to replace anything in the bay boxes or pump stand other than one bank of solenoids that the tire clean ate away.. Oh I have replaced a couple of spot free rinse procon pumps.
Do you have the KeyPad or Rotary Switch style? instead of completely replacing the shell I'm looking into having Etowah valley build a custom door with push buttons and incorporating my WashCard equipment inside instead of having the box attached to the wall next to the coin box like it's currently.

soapy

Reaction score
I went with rotary switches. I saw too many problems with the push button setups of all companies when I ordered.