What's new

Ryko $99,999 installed special

friesmaniac99

Car Wash Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a car wash enthusiast. I go around filming systems near me and put them up on YouTube. Also I know some owners of car washes.

OurTown

Reaction score
Can you give us a link to your YouTube channel?

friesmaniac99

Car Wash Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes my channel is called Utah Car Wash Channel. Just search on YouTube.

wash12

Reaction score
Can't say much about the radius as never owned one but we have owned 2 softgloss units and they were absolute work horses for 12 years straight with very few problems, if they still make them like they did 12+ years ago I can say they are well built.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I owned a Ryko 2001 OHD for 17 yrs along side my Softgloss and the only thing good on that touchfree system was the pumping system, it doesn't use a 3535 cat pump it is a direct drive grundfos pump with a 25hp motor and the impingement that put out on the vehicle was insane.

Car Wash Newbie

Reaction score
Hello all. First time poster here and new to the industry. I'm in the process of acquiring an existing 6SS+1 IBA with a very outdated MarkVII IBA (~15 yrs old). I was convinced that the way to replace it was with a mini express tunnel (55' of conveyor) and i'm still leaning that way but beginning to consider a new friction IBA and significantly reduce my investment. My avg daily car count is 21k and the income demographics are $80k+ in a 3 mile radius. The closest competitor is an exterior express 6 miles away.

What are your recommendations for a friction IBA that would produce a high quality wash and point of sale kiosks? Brand names and models are welcome. Thanks in advance.

wash12

Reaction score
Hello all. First time poster here and new to the industry. I'm in the process of acquiring an existing 6SS+1 IBA with a very outdated MarkVII IBA (~15 yrs old). I was convinced that the way to replace it was with a mini express tunnel (55' of conveyor) and i'm still leaning that way but beginning to consider a new friction IBA and significantly reduce my investment. My avg daily car count is 21k and the income demographics are $80k+ in a 3 mile radius. The closest competitor is an exterior express 6 miles away.

What are your recommendations for a friction IBA that would produce a high quality wash and point of sale kiosks? Brand names and models are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Is this wash attended or unattended? If you go mini tunnel you will need full time staff and the headache and payroll of that. Whats the Avg wash count on the MarkVII.

Car Wash Newbie

Reaction score
Wash12 thanks for your reply. The current IBA car count is currently less than 10/day. The current owner is retiring has really neglected the site to the point people think of it as being shut down. Vacuums and SS that don't work. He only takes credit cards in the IBA. The IBA takes your money and half the time it doesn't do anything. So people stopped showing up. I realize I have a huge marketing challenge ahead to say the least...
If I go with the tunnel the plan is to have someone on-site, add a payment kiosk with membership options and relocate the vacuum area to the front of the property (currently in the back) so that people that drive by see activity. I apologize I sort of hijacked this thread but I can't seem to find a way to start a new one. Maybe I don't have the permission yet by being new to the forum. Thanks again!

soonermajic

Reaction score
Newbie,
You need to call Ryko IMMEDIATELY!!! You are not going to find a better deal out there. Their special ends Nov 15th!
Tell them coach Bowles, of "Water U Doing" said to call.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The promotion Bowles got isn't even on Ryko's promotion page so alot of people are not going to even know about it.

Etowah

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Would be nice to know what the * means on the 20,000.00 credit for old system. The offer on the website isn't as good, as it doesn't include the hp pump, tire cleaner, and turbo nozzles. Is the one pictured also available until 11/15/18?

Last edited:

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Would be nice to know what the * means on the 20,000.00 credit for old system. The offer on the website isn't as good, as it doesn't include the hp pump, tire cleaner, and turbo nozzles. Is the one pictured also available until 11/15/18?
From what I was told, the $20K for the old machine is already factored into the $99K price. No mention on whether they care if the one being removed is operational or a mess.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I'm told it "doesn't" have to be a Ryko system for this to integrate with any In-Bay system or Tunnel will work with it.

soapy

Reaction score
TSS is the car wash sign company that Rykonowns. They make a single LED fixture with multiple colors for around $700 that would work well in a IBA.

soonermajic

Reaction score
As far as I know, it has to be paid for before Fri the 30th....?