What's new

Ryko $99,999 installed special

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I have a 3 yr old softgloss with just wheel scrub and they do a pretty good job cleaning the wheels. They have lately not been lining up and hitting exactly on the vehicles wheels which I think adjusting the laser on them can fix that.

slash007

Reaction score
I have a 3 yr old softgloss with just wheel scrub and they do a pretty good job cleaning the wheels. They have lately not been lining up and hitting exactly on the vehicles wheels which I think adjusting the laser on them can fix that.
The wheel scrubs using friction so they do well, I'm curious how just using high pressure will do.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I hate the wheel scrubs on my softgloss I would gladly take HP wheel blasters over them anyday plus the cost of maintaining them if they get damaged (and they do) is ridiculous.

slash007

Reaction score
I hate the wheel scrubs on my softgloss I would gladly take HP wheel blasters over them anyday plus the cost of maintaining them if they get damaged (and they do) is ridiculous.
I pulled mine out years ago and replaced with spinners, but low pressure so they don't do much. Anything is better than the wheel scrubs, but if it isn't cleaning the rims then it's not much incentive.

wash4me

Reaction score
Astromatic has softgloss machines that have been reconditioned to better than new i understand. They were a very large Ryko dealer before they went corporate only and kicked them to the curb.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I pulled mine out years ago and replaced with spinners, but low pressure so they don't do much. Anything is better than the wheel scrubs, but if it isn't cleaning the rims then it's not much incentive.[/QUOTE

This is interesting are wheel scrubs a pain on other machines besides ryko like PDQ and washworld. How do they break whats the negatives exactly

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I’ve had my S/G almost 4 years. I replaced the pistons and rollers. Occasionally the photo eyes get covered in oil/dirt and the wheel scrubbers will not hit their mark accurately. A quick wipe and we’re GTG. Other than that they’ve been well. I know many disattivate them.

slash007

Reaction score
On mine they were not operational when I took over and they got hit by a car at least once every 2-3 months bending the whole shaft along with other damage. Other machines like PDQ don't' have them so close and they only come out when called upon. Otherwise they are way further out to avoid being hit.

MGSMN

Reaction score
FYI: If you are handy and have enough bay width they can be moved further out with minor modifications.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Anyone know the bay size requirements for this setup?
Recommended bay length - 38'. Min recommended is 32'.
Recommended bay width - 16'. Min recommended is 14'-6".
Recommended bay height is 12'. Min recommended is 11'-4".

For the length dimensions, the 38' references an unobstructed bay to allow full machine travel with the arms out. You can use a short bay kit on the machine, and go down to a 28'-6" unobstructed bay, and still wash a 16'-8" long vehicle completely (rear brushes and top brush can wash the rear of an SUV completely). If your bay size is larger, just increase the vehicle washed length by same amount. Example, if you have a 32'-6" bay, you can wash a 20'-8" long vehicle completely using the short bay kit.

Last edited:

friesmaniac99

Car Wash Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest it's not worth the deal for a Radius. If I were you I would go spend a little extra and buy something from Washworld. They make very high-quality systems with quality materials. IMO new Ryko systems are cheaply built and will break sooner.

friesmaniac99

Car Wash Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Ryko systems are not reliable at all. They are cheaply built and they break fast! Go with another company if you want your system to last more then five years.

OurTown

Reaction score
To be honest it's not worth the deal for a Radius.

The deal is for a Soft Gloss.

The new Ryko systems are not reliable at all. They are cheaply built and they break fast! Go with another company if you want your system to last more then five years.

I would sure think they would last more than five years but do you have first hand experience of Ryko's longevity?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
They are offering the same deal across all of their rollover models Radius, SoftGloss Maxx 3 & 5, IMO the Ryko systems are not cheaply built and they do last the test of time unless you don't take care of it which seems to be the case at a lot of sites I visit. I did buy the Washworld Razor over the Radius due to functionality and other reasons but I have a feeling you don't own a wash and are making this claim to stir up trouble. Plus my Ryko OHD was 17 years old when we removed it and still in working condition.

OurTown

Reaction score
I guess I didn't scroll down far enough on their promo page to see that the deal is for the Radius too.

soapy

Reaction score
I have used ryko washes for 25 years and they hold up very well. If you take care of them they will run for decades. I just bought a radius and while it is similar to 2001 OHD there have been several improvements that make it easier to work on and should make it last even longer. I would guess friesmaniac has no wash and is just a troll since he has 2 posts.

friesmaniac99

Car Wash Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all I just joined this website. Second I have seen little to no design change. It's only body upgrades and computer upgrades. I may not own a car wash but I've seen a lot of bad Ryko systems.

chaz

Reaction score
First of all I just joined this website. Second I have seen little to no design change. It's only body upgrades and computer upgrades. I may not own a car wash but I've seen a lot of bad Ryko systems.

Gotta ask.... if you don’t own a car wash...what’s your connection to the industry that results in your statements. Tech?, Sales?, Former or current employee at equipment mfg??????