What's new

Ryko $99,999 installed special

soonermajic

Reaction score
I also heard they were extending it. Ryko just became N C S. HUGE company , so maybe not everyone on same page all the time...

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Todd, please reach out to our Marketing team at sales@ryko.com. They should be able to verify if you still have time to get in on the Softgloss fall promotion deal. It is a lot of machine for the money!

soonermajic

Reaction score
Darin,
Mine is suppose to arrive next week. I am beyond stoked for this! I am hoping for $10,000/day! Ha

soonermajic

Reaction score
Just a report, after 15 mos w/ my new SoftGloss. It is awesome, & business is up.
My old OHD did 31 cpd, w/ full-time preppers in front. I was afraid the SG was gonna hurt those guys.

New SG averaged 19 cpd 1st yr, & my OHD was STILL 30 cpd!! The OHD does 28 cars during prep hrs, & 2 cars @ night
SG does about 6/7 while preppers are there & ablut a doz @ night.

My only minor issue is back ends sometimes don't get cleaned real well, & hp wheel blasters is lil above avg. The ColorWave needs a brighter LED

But it is reliable & does a dsng good job.
I would buy it again!

Last edited:

slash007

Reaction score
What kind of job do you think the wheel blasters do relative to not having them at all? How clean do they actually get rims?

lb60605

Reaction score
I am in the process of purchasing a new Ryko softgloss maxx 5 system. I was not mentioned the $20k credit for old equipment??
Also, is this a good time to purchase new equipment with the "world prolblems" going on. I was ready to push the button, I am having second
thoughts. My current equipment is 10 years old and have been maintained by Ryko maintenance plan for 9 years. I am just getting a lot
of break downs and the reliability is there anymore the reason i am looking to purchase new equipment.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Personally I would wait maybe you can get a better deal on one as the fear spreads. Also dont get on board dryers.....slows your through put of the machine. I have them on mine wish I didnt and had stand alone dryers

soonermajic

Reaction score
What kind of job do you think the wheel blasters do relative to not having them at all? How clean do they actually get rims?
My SG does a good job, not great, on wheels. I think that's because it is so fsr away from the wheels, as it is flush with the middle part of the gantry. I think it cpuld have more centralized nozzles, but they point out too far. Now that I think about it, I may see if they're adjustable.

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
So for a hundred grand you can get a machine that was basically designed 40 years ago. Be still my heart. Oh and the fact that you see them in poorly ran gas stations is just a bonus.

washnshine

Reaction score
So for a hundred grand you can get a machine that was basically designed 40 years ago. Be still my heart. Oh and the fact that you see them in poorly ran gas stations is just a bonus.
I know what you are saying Mac - it is still a 5 brush rollover with a skeleton like it had in its early days, but the engineering, intelligence and features have changed. Not to mention the wash materials, high pressure functions and chemistry. I know chemistry is not part of the machine design, but we do use it to wash cars and it is a significant contributor to the results. 40 years ago those machines were using cold hard water and not enough soap to even cover the hood.

There is only so much you can do with brushes that spin in circles, retract and follow the contours of cars. Heck, tunnel equipment still has top brushes, mitters, rockers and wraps that look very similar to what they had in the 70’s also. But the engineering and features have been updated to be safer, easier to maintain and wash better.

As far as seeing Rykos in poorly run in gas stations, I’m not so certain the customer is noticing the style of machine as much as the quality of the wash, which certainly can be terrible at any poorly run location using any machine.

I know you are in Istobal guy and they are great machines too. Not sure of their design history and evolution , but there are several European style three brush machines - like Ceccato, Christ, Karcher etc. that have a three brush design that on the surface looks pretty similar to what it did decades ago, but I’m pretty sure they are different under the hood these days.

Car Wash Newbie

Reaction score
I ended up buying the maxx3 from Ryko
,a 3 brush hybrid to replace my touchless. I know most operators on this site are not fan of the hybrids but I was replacing a touch free machine and there are lots of fancy cars in my area. My wash counts are way up and the machine does a great job. Cars come out spotless. Thanks to soonermajic for telling me about the offer. I didn’t get it in November but they brought it back in May 2019. You have to go with the HP tire blasters they do a great job and they’ll never be hit like the scrubbers.
I’ve had several issues with proximity sensors and I’m working with NCS /Ryko on them. Little worried that the warranty will expire and will still have the issues. I’ll keep everyone posted as to how they respond. So far their CS has been very good but can’t imagine if I had to pay for the service calls out of warranty.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Mac, I think Robert Roman has hacked your account! Ha

You know what, cars still have 4 doors, seats in front & back, & pickups still have a bed. LOL Not a helluva lot of difference there, & some idiots don't even keep em clean!
Show me another Carwash maker that makes a good machine & offers such a steep discount. I'll wait....

mac

Reaction score
They can do this because they elinated all of their distributors, thus taking 25-30% off the retail. I worked at the Ryko factory many, many years ago and watched as the developed the desidn, which they copied from a company called(I think) Triple Clean. The early machines had one control panelabout 2’ by 3’. That was it, and the machine did the same basic wash as today. Only now they loaded up with electronics galore. Just a fan of them, but for some it works for them.

lb60605

Reaction score
I took advantage of the special offer. My old friction equipment 11 years old and was beginning to nickel and dime me and was having
a lot of downtimes. The special pricing, no down payment, $99 first 6 months, free install, and old equipment hauled away and wash bay was high pressure clean. So far only problems a few adjustments, minor leaks, brush arms adjustment, etc. I will tell you this,
the high pressure for the pump is super loud in our mechanical room next to our office. I have to closed-door to hear myself on phone.

OurTown

Reaction score
My old friction equipment 11 years old and was beginning to nickel and dime me and was having
a lot of downtimes. QUOTE]
What brand and model was the old machine?