What's new

Rowe BC1400 - Counter discrepancy

rshiggaon

Reaction score
Hello - I am observing a discrepancy between the counter on my Rowe BC1400 machine and the actual number of bills I collected between the last use. The recorded count on the machine does not align with the bills I have physically gathered.

Any pointers on how I can troubleshoot and debug this issue? Thank you for your assistance.

Keno

Reaction score
Are your bills accepted and coins dispensed the same? Or are you dispensing the incorrect amount of coins for the bills accepted? Also, are you on the stock rowe controls or some aftermarket update?

rshiggaon

Reaction score
Are your bills accepted and coins dispensed the same? Or are you dispensing the incorrect amount of coins for the bills accepted? Also, are you on the stock rowe controls or some aftermarket update?
The machine in question handles both bill acceptance and coin dispensing. However, there seems to be a discrepancy between the total bill amount recorded since my last collection and what the counter on the machine indicates. The actual bills collected are consistently less than what the counter suggests, and this difference varies from week to week.

We did not do any updates after we got from this seller, so I would guess no updates on it.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Rowe’s counter is the “Value of the bills accepted…not the number of “Bills Accepted”

$1 bills advance the counter 1 number.

$5 bills advance the counter 5 numbers, etc.

If the counter is providing incorrect information, I would consider replacing the counter.

Keno

Reaction score
I was asking. If you receive $100 worth of bills are you dispensing $100 worth of coins? Is your audit correct and the counter is wrong? Or is the counter correct and your audit is wrong? Your machine could be getting strung.

Keno

Reaction score
Need to figure out if your bills received matches your coins dispensed.

rshiggaon

Reaction score
I was asking. If you receive $100 worth of bills are you dispensing $100 worth of coins? Is your audit correct and the counter is wrong? Or is the counter correct and your audit is wrong? Your machine could be getting strung.

We provide tokens valued at $1 each, dispensing one token for every $1 in currency. We accept denominations of $1, $5, $10, and $20 bills. The accuracy of my bill count is validated by the bank during deposit, ensuring correctness. Additionally, we haven't received any customer complaints regarding the accuracy of token dispensing in relation to the bills they've deposited.

I plan to test the token counter by depositing various bills and confirming the accurate incrementation (My bad, I should have verified this). Will update here what I find out.

Keno

Reaction score
You still aren't answering my question. You have to physically count and audit your tokens daily and compare to the cash intake of the machine. If you get $100 cash in, how many tokens did the machine dispense? No one is going to complain if they get extra tokens or are stealing your token by stringing your machine. Your machine could be giving 5 tokens with a dollar bill for example, or someone could be stringing your machine and stealing tokens, or your bill counter could be malfunctioning.

rshiggaon

Reaction score
I get your point now. I have not conducted the audit yet, but I intend to carry it out this week.

We do count tokens upon collection from Bays. The total count of tokens is not greater than the total number of bills accounted for that week. During my visit this week, I will conduct tests using various bills to ensure the machine is dispensing correctly.

Randy

Reaction score
What kind of bill validator do you have? How often do you clean it. When was the last you cleaned the Hopper. The best thing you can do with a Rowe bill changer is replace it with a Hamilton bill Changer or at least replace the guts of the Rowe with the guts from a Hamilton bill changer. How often do you visit your car wash?

rshiggaon

Reaction score
I have MEI Validator and ensure its proper maintenance by cleaning the validator and Hopper every two months. I visit the property at least once a week.

The appearance of my machine resembles the one depicted in this YouTube video.

Keno

Reaction score
I get your point now. I have not conducted the audit yet, but I intend to carry it out this week.

We do count tokens upon collection from Bays. The total count of tokens is not greater than the total number of bills accounted for that week. During my visit this week, I will conduct tests using various bills to ensure the machine is dispensing correctly.
Tokens taken from the bays is irrelevant with your current issue. Customers can decide to use or not use the tokens they purchase. You have to count the tokens installed in the changer at the beginningof the week, then audit that against the bills taken out at the end of the week vs the tokens dispensed in the same time period. You have to see if your machine is actually malfunctioning or if your bill counter is malfunctioning

rshiggaon

Reaction score
Tokens taken from the bays is irrelevant with your current issue. Customers can decide to use or not use the tokens they purchase. You have to count the tokens installed in the changer at the beginningof the week, then audit that against the bills taken out at the end of the week vs the tokens dispensed in the same time period. You have to see if your machine is actually malfunctioning or if your bill counter is malfunctioning
Yep, I am going to do it this week.

Randy

Reaction score
I have MEI Validator and ensure its proper maintenance by cleaning the validator and Hopper every two months. I visit the property at least once a week.

The appearance of my machine resembles the one depicted in this YouTube video.
How do you clean the validator? Who runs the car wash when your not there?

rshiggaon

Reaction score
How do you clean the validator? Who runs the car wash when your not there?
I carefully clean the bill path, sensor, and belt of the machine using a glass cleaner sprayed onto a cloth. I have an assisting helper who aids me in both cleaning and addressing minor maintenance tasks.

The change machines are locked and equipped with door sensors and cameras, providing notifications to me when the door is opened. I dont suspect misconduct by my helper by opening the door.

FYI .. I changed new tokens from a different vendor like 2 months back.

rshiggaon

Reaction score
Update - Today, I visited the property and conducted tests using bills of denominations 1, 5, 10, and 20. The counter incremented accurately, and the corresponding tokens were dispensed without any problems.

Also, I counted the tokens in the hopper and recorded the counter number. I plan to audit it by the end of this week and will update here on what I find out.

rshiggaon

Reaction score
I've completed a cash collection, and I've noticed a discrepancy again. The total amount of bills collected is less than what the counter indicates. However, the counter's count matches with tokens that were left in the hopper.

This situation seems puzzling – is the machine unexpectedly dispensing more tokens than it should be? When I tested it with various denominations, it accurately provided the correct number of tokens.

What can I do more to debug this?

HeyVern

Reaction score
I've completed a cash collection, and I've noticed a discrepancy again. The total amount of bills collected is less than what the counter indicates. However, the counter's count matches with tokens that were left in the hopper.

This situation seems puzzling – is the machine unexpectedly dispensing more tokens than it should be? When I tested it with various denominations, it accurately provided the correct number of tokens.

You're losing tokens somewhere. Either the changer randomly dispensing more than it should or it is getting stringed.

Randy

Reaction score

How many tokens are we talking about that you've lost?