What's new

RO membrane filter

Rudy

Reaction score
I use a ProCon 106N480F11XX. It is 480 GPH. I have 2 membranes, and I produce about 3.5 of product when it's warm (as in summer), and just under 3 gallons in wintertime. I run almost a 1:1 reject rate, and yes, my unit has a recirculate loop.

TundraLu

Reaction score
I use a ProCon 106N480F11XX. It is 480 GPH. I have 2 membranes, and I produce about 3.5 of product when it's warm (as in summer), and just under 3 gallons in wintertime. I run almost a 1:1 reject rate, and yes, my unit has a recirculate loop.
Wow that is a big pump. What kind of motor are you using for the pump? How are the no name membranes working out for you still?

Rudy

Reaction score
1.5 HP Baldor single phase motor. Membranes are fine. I get 0 ppm in the winter, and 1-2 ppm of product in the summer.

I now consider membranes a generic product....there's nothing special about them.

MEP001

Reaction score
Can i recycle the concentrate to help give me more GPM.
It will increase the flow through the membranes which will let you reduce the reject rate to 1:1, and it may slightly increase the production rate.

TundraLu

Reaction score
Thanks fellow trooper MEP001,

Point taken ... not sure how much more the functional equivalent in a stainless Procon Pump would cost $$$. Brass could make better sense considering it is the booster pump that is not pumping the actual more aggressive to brass already made up RO water like the pump that goes to the 6 bays.

Below Here is what I found (links) to match your specifications. Ideally, I would be able to order all of the below from 1 car wash supplier but that might be wishful thinking.

Brass 240 GPH Pump | Reverse Osmosis Car Wash Pumps | Fluid Circulation Pumps | Kleen-Rite (kleen-ritecorp.com)

Buy Capacitor Start AC Motors (zoro.com)

Bolt-On Pump Adapter Piece for 56C Motors | Procon Part 1048-1C | Affordable Pump Accessories at Kleen-Rite (kleen-ritecorp.com)

TB WOOD'S L070 Size 7/16 in Sintered Iron Jaw Coupling Hub, Keyway Size Type: None - 5X401|L0707/16NK - Grainger

Anybody else ??? with suggestions ... this is so much better than just "shooting in the dark"!
Did you ever go with this pump setup? If so. how is it doing for you?

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
Guys - If you do some homework re the RO membranes, pay attention to the pressure spec of the particular membrane you're looking at. For instance:
"Low Energy" membranes are available - and practically speaking you can think of them as "Low Pressure" membranes.

Assuming you have the appropriate pretreatment, understand the minimum concentrate flow, and the expected permeate (RO Water flow) given your pressure and water temperature. Check all that against your concentrate and permeate flow gauges and pump pressure gauge.

Russ