What's new

RIP MEP001 You will be missed

washnshine

Reaction score
(From Terri, his gf and car wash cohort)
These comments mean so much to me. He truly did work very hard all of his life and had refined his craft. The last few years we have been able to enjoy life a little and slow down so I am grateful for that. He did not have a large circle in the offline world but you guys made up for it. You were the ones he wanted to interact with. He loved sharing his tips and tricks and he was full of them. Aside from the hole this has left in my heart, I know that it has left a huge hole in the car wash community. I had been urging him to write a book of some sort so that this knowledge would not be lost. I wish he had. Today I spent the day figuring out how to get the foam brush up and working at a wash and also helped assemble some pump plumbing he had been working on. I feel like he was hanging around, cursing us and praising us. I honestly thought I'd never be able to look at another car wash after all this. Maybe I will pick up the mantle and carry on. I just don't know. It's crushing to do this without him but I don't think he'd want the business to crash. I will probably lurk in here to pick up information. I hope it won't freak anyone out. He'd be tickled if someone thought he was haunting the place...
Someone mentioned a GoFundMe. I have never been involved with something like that and if someone has information I would love for you to share it. He spent a week in ICU and I would imagine that will be a tremendous bill. I appreciate you all and may come to rely on you for info in the future. (and yes, he could be quite grumpy ;) )
Yes - please feel free to reach out and please post with his handle. It will make US continue to feel his presence.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
RIP Mep...Condolences to his Girlfriend Terri and his family.

MEP001

Reaction score

MEP001

Reaction score
I appreciate you all so much. I am still in a state of disbelief. I lost my mother 3 years ago but it was expected and we were somewhat prepared. This struck like a lightning bolt. We did finalize some of the arrangements yesterday (visitation and such) and I believe the family is working on having a funeral mass at the little country family church in Rockne, TX for October 28. I have in mind to, at some point, have a car wash folks get together. I'm honestly not sure what my future holds so I don't know where or when that will be. Now reality is setting in. I have been living with him in his house for 9 years. It's not my house. I have accepted that it will probably have to be sold which might be for the best. I am waiting to see him around every corner. The cat who loved him most seems to understand and she's clinging especially close to me. The only solace that I have is that he is no longer in pain. He worked so hard and damaged his body to the point where he was in chronic pain. I am grateful for the prayers and light and good thoughts that have been sent our way. Car wash people are a special breed. Thank you again.

Last edited:

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
You're most welcome Terri! I agree that car wash people are a special breed!! The CW Forum has provided me a safe place to complain, vent, ask for help, laugh and celebrate - where many of my family and girlfriends simply would not understand this industry, dealing with the public, and some of the crazy crap we've ALL seen at our carwashes! 😖 Maybe that's what bonds us... Though we may not know each other's personal names, or faces, I feel we are an extended family, ready to help each other, offer advice and celebrate our successes!

I'm sorry to hear that Miles didn't have his paperwork in order and that you need to move from your home. I live in Northern California and unfortunately won't be able to make it to his Visitation on 10/22 or Funeral on 10/28. I'd be happy to help you organize something when you're ready. I'll just throw out that the Southwest Car Wash Convention & Expo is being held next year, in Forth Worth Texas 2/28 - 3/1/2024. Not sure how many of the CW Forum members are planning to attend, but I might be there to speak. Please continue to post updates, and we'll continue to send you encouragement, prayers, light and good thoughts! 🥰🙏

Walter White

Reaction score
Very sad to hear this. He was a fantastic contributor to this forum. A wealth of knowledge and experience. RIP he will be missed and condolences to his family and friends

Noob

Reaction score
Hate to hear this. I’ve personally never met him but he was always willing to offer his knowledge and expertise and that says plenty. He always loved helping out people on this forum. It didn’t matter if you were a first time poster or if you’ve been here 10 years. Thanks for all the help MEP. You’ll be missed.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I was thinking yesterday of the animated conversations that Mep and Pat Crowe must be having right now.
Me as well but more along the lines of going at it with Robert Roman.

soapy

Reaction score
Earl, I think Robert Roman is still with us but will no doubt join in the conversation soon.