What's new

RIP MEP001 You will be missed

Burky

Reaction score
Prayers for his friends and family. I have used this forum extensively in building my wash and making decisions about it. There were certain members that I learned that what they said was gold. MEP was one of those. You will be missed. If there is a go fund me or anything for expenses etc. please let us know.

designflaw

Reaction score
OMG, Unbelievable. I am so sorry to hear this. RIP. I cant believe this. He was just posting a couple weeks ago helping folks.

CMDguy

Reaction score
While I wasn't on MEP's "good side" it is truly disheartening to see that he was just on here doing what he loved to do: help others. I think everything he advised me to do is something I really am taking to heart now because you don't know how much a situation matters until it isn't there anymore. Rest in peace MEP, and condolences to everyone.

bigburgerboi2005

Reaction score
Oh man isn't that really something. 😔 MEP even though we never really got along well you appeared to be a very wise and helpful person and if your somehow reading this from up above I just want you to know I truly am sorry for all the times I argued with you and how you really were just looking out for me. This forum will for sure not be the same without you and you will be missed by us all dearly! RIP MEP. 😔 I'm really sorry it had to end for you this way when it shouldn't have.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Damn I never got to meet the guy but had DM'ed him more than a few times on things and he was always so helpful. The guy had a wealth of knowledge and I swear he ate, slept, and talked car washing. Definitely miss you on here MEP rest in peace and my prayers to your loved ones for peace during their mourning.....spraying some suds out for you!

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I am simply stunned by this incredibly sad news. 😢 MEP was so passionate about CW Forum and helping others troubleshoot their problems. I knew he could come across short and grumpy, and I tried not to take them personally. Earlier this year, he sent me a private PM, thanking me for my positive comments. I was so touched and will keep it forever. The depth of his knowledge and contributions to this Forum are priceless and will continue to help us going forward.... Thank you MEP!!! 🥰 Now you can take that vacation you always wanted but never took. 🏜🗻🏝 Enjoy!!

MEP001

Reaction score
(From Terri, his gf and car wash cohort)
These comments mean so much to me. He truly did work very hard all of his life and had refined his craft. The last few years we have been able to enjoy life a little and slow down so I am grateful for that. He did not have a large circle in the offline world but you guys made up for it. You were the ones he wanted to interact with. He loved sharing his tips and tricks and he was full of them. Aside from the hole this has left in my heart, I know that it has left a huge hole in the car wash community. I had been urging him to write a book of some sort so that this knowledge would not be lost. I wish he had. Today I spent the day figuring out how to get the foam brush up and working at a wash and also helped assemble some pump plumbing he had been working on. I feel like he was hanging around, cursing us and praising us. I honestly thought I'd never be able to look at another car wash after all this. Maybe I will pick up the mantle and carry on. I just don't know. It's crushing to do this without him but I don't think he'd want the business to crash. I will probably lurk in here to pick up information. I hope it won't freak anyone out. He'd be tickled if someone thought he was haunting the place...
Someone mentioned a GoFundMe. I have never been involved with something like that and if someone has information I would love for you to share it. He spent a week in ICU and I would imagine that will be a tremendous bill. I appreciate you all and may come to rely on you for info in the future. (and yes, he could be quite grumpy ;) )

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Hi Terri, please feel free to reach out to me when you're ready, and need a listening ear or words of encouragement. You can send me a PM and I'll send you my personal cell #. I, too am 58 years old and same age as MEP. You and I probably have a lot in common, you sound like a strong woman. As you know, MEP meant a lot to our car wash community. We learned a lot from him over the years, and we'll do our very best to return the favor, and fill the huge void he left behind. Please continue to post using MEP's handle, and ask for help - we're happy to help you!! 🥰 Take it slow and be kind to yourself, as you're processing a lot right now. We, the students have become the teachers.

Last edited: