What's new

Revamping my foam brush system.

MEP001

Reaction score
How exactly does a flojet pump work?
It's a twin diaphragm pump with an air shuttle valve. Air pressure forces one diaphragm to pump while the other draws in liquid, and at the end of the piston range the shuttle valve switches it to the other diaphragm. There's a small drop in pressure as it switches but it's not noticeable on a system like foam brush. Hook up is as simple as mounting the pump (It must be mounted vertical) and connecting the inlet, outlet and air supply. All that mess of your current pump, bladder tank and pressure switch control can be removed completely.

Edie011

Reaction score
It's a twin diaphragm pump with an air shuttle valve. Air pressure forces one diaphragm to pump while the other draws in liquid, and at the end of the piston range the shuttle valve switches it to the other diaphragm. There's a small drop in pressure as it switches but it's not noticeable on a system like foam brush. Hook up is as simple as mounting the pump (It must be mounted vertical) and connecting the inlet, outlet and air supply. All that mess of your current pump, bladder tank and pressure switch control can be removed completely.
Great explanation thank you! I plan on making a new mounting board and getting rid of all that old junk!

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
wow my Super Saver pumpstand wiring is totally different then that!!!??????
Here is your Coleman plc unit (mine doesn't have a plc).... I think the ryko is built better. But the control unit seems crazy. The unit also has a red lion not pictured.

Also both units were pulled from a working environment.

slamdvw

Reaction score
Just as an informational note, if you know anyone in the soda fountain business, syrup pumps make excellent car wash chemical pumps.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Just as an informational note, if you know anyone in the soda fountain business, syrup pumps make excellent car wash chemical pumps.
Last time I saw one open it had Flo Jets.

MEP001

Reaction score
I used to service a car wash that was owned by someone who also owned a Coca-Cola bottling/distribution center. All of the FloJet pumps in his car wash equipment room said "Property of Coca-Cola Company" on the side.