What's new

Replacing IBA

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I think I have enough room to squeeze certain dryer models into the bay.
Why do you want them in the bay? I have only one stand-alone dryer, mounted 3' outside the exit. In 13 years, the only negative part is the control box that is mounted inside the bay. It is so rusty I think it may fall off the wall any day. I can't believe PECO would put out a piece of crap like that. I would never put one in the bay unless I absolutely had to. I don't really see any positives, and see a couple of negatives.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Maybe it'll be less of a problem since I'll have a drying agent now but the dryers in the past tended to freeze the water to your car instead of dry your car on cold days. Figured they'd work better if they were in the bay instead.

OurTown

Reaction score
One minor advantage to having them inside is aesthetics. If it is in the back then no big deal but if it faces the front where you want to attract customers from the street then they look better inside. Ideally you would have the blowers inside and have a really long bay to keep them away from the machine but that is a luxury for most.

Roz

Reaction score
Blowers outside exit door can help with maximizing hourly throughout when really busy.

Scrub Free

Reaction score
I love my on board dryer except for the dripping from the doors and exit wall. The only advantage I can see with an outside dryer is to eliminate my pet peeve. I see how the outside dryer would not work well in cold weather also.

Roz

Reaction score
Wow. Ver 4 system is nicer layout than ver3!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Were replacing everything at this site both Ryko systems Softgloss and Touchfree all new doors, dryers, paystations, new WashCard system throughout whole property. If anybody wants a free carwash this one below requires a little assembly and a few new bolts and nuts LOL.

MGSMN

Reaction score
Steve, I know its an optical illusion but in that picture with the razor on the forklift it looks like the right track is about 6" higher than the left track. What pay station did you go with? Please post a picture of the dryer when it get installed. Thanks.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Steve, I know its an optical illusion but in that picture with the razor on the forklift it looks like the right track is about 6" higher than the left track. What pay station did you go with? Please post a picture of the dryer when it get installed. Thanks.
Getting Closer to this bay being finished then we start on the WashWorld Profile to replace the Ryko Softgloss in the next bay over.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Steve, I am interested to know if the elephant trunk w.nozzles is worth the money? I have the same setup without them and I am not at all happy with them. Also is your center dryer an oscillating nozzle? I am thinking about disconnecting the oscillator, It just seems to blow water back and forth.
Everything looks awesome so far.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
You can get the Knife Edge style instead of Elephant ears now and yes the middle is an oscillating nozzle.