What's new

Replacing IBA

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am contemplating purchasing an old superwash site that is a 3 bay SS with 2 IBA's. The IBA's definitely need a refresh. What can I expect as far as the financing side of purchasing a new IBA? Can they be financed? If so, how much cash is required? I have never owned a site with an IBA so ANY input would be appreciated. Thanks.

OurTown

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am contemplating purchasing an old superwash site that is a 3 bay SS with 2 IBA's. The IBA's definitely need a refresh. What can I expect as far as the financing side of purchasing a new IBA? Can they be financed? If so, how much cash is required? I have never owned a site with an IBA so ANY input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Before you get too excited you should measure the inside dimensions of the auto bays. You will probably find that almost nothing made today fits in there. The width was the real killer on ours because it is the most difficult to modify. The only thing that we found that might fit in was a D&S I5000.

Reaction score
I have heard the Superwash bays are small. I was still interested in the info as I have been contemplating an IBA at one or both of my other sites as well.

soapy

Reaction score
Bank financing might require as much a 50% down depending on your credit. In the past I have done a lease/ purchase on several IBas that required nothing down but did have a slightly higher interest rate than going through the local bank. 5 year term with a simple $1 buyout at the end.

friesmaniac99

Car Wash Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is possible could you expand the bay? If your looking for a touchless and you have the room I'd go with a washworld Razor. They are built with stainless steal and fiber glass. They are built to last.

sparkey

Reaction score
I have an old superwash. I have found nothing that will fit in the automatic bay. The bay is to narrow, not long enough, and not tall enough. Not to mention the old automatic that is in the bay currently is a POS. I own a washworld razor a block away at another wash. The superwash automatic does about 1/10th of the business of the razor.

soapy

Reaction score
I was in a local town a couple of days ago and they had just reloaded their old super wash with 2 new IBAs. I will try and get back down there and look to see what they put in.

friesmaniac99

Car Wash Enthusiast
Reaction score
What IBA's are currently in the super wash location? I'm assuming some old southern pride or hydrospray.

Officer

Reaction score
I think most SW equipment is made by Pro Equipment in Benton, Ky.
I removed my Pro Equipment Navigator and replaced it flawlessly with a Washworld Razor! Best decision I've made since owning a car wash. Customer service is top notch. I can control the entire machine remotely from my phone or ipad. I have not complaints. Customers love our Razor!

Scrub Free

Reaction score
WW razors if they fit. Easy to maintain and operate. In my opinion its the most reliable product!!

Roz

Reaction score
We got our WW Razor into a tight bay (30x16x10) with the dryers outside the exit door. We can wash F350s and Econo vans. It is doable but you want a great installer...

OurTown

Reaction score
We got our WW Razor into a tight bay (30x16x10) with the dryers outside the exit door. We can wash F350s and Econo vans. It is doable but you want a great installer...
If you think that is a tight bay then what would you call our Super Wash auto bays? Inside dimensions are 10' tall, 12' 9" wide, 24' 8" long.

Roz

Reaction score
OK you win. Doubt you can get it to work in those specs but maybe WW rep has seen it done.

OurTown

Reaction score
OK you win. Doubt you can get it to work in those specs but maybe WW rep has seen it done.
They said no along with everyone except the D&S distributor (I5000 only). There were a few other options that only required raising the roof and extending the length but were only touchless and we wanted at least one friction.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Jeeze. That is a small bay.. I must have gotten lucky Super Wash decided to make my IBA's 13'4" wide, which happens to be the minimum width for the razor.

I just put a Razor Edge in mine and raised the roof 4' while I was shut down. Should be open in a couple days, assuming I can work out the bugs with my paystation.

OurTown

Reaction score
Jeeze. That is a small bay.. I must have gotten lucky Super Wash decided to make my IBA's 13'4" wide, which happens to be the minimum width for the razor.

I just put a Razor Edge in mine and raised the roof 4' while I was shut down. Should be open in a couple days, assuming I can work out the bugs with my paystation.
I knew that some Super Washes were built with wider auto bays but we were not that lucky. Did you extend the length and if so was it out the back or front?

Reaction score
I need to measure the bays but they appear to be wider than 13'. The openings are not but the bays appear so.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Yes, I made the bay 8' longer out the front. I made the length of the auto bay match the length of the equipment room + office so I only had to extend one wall. Since I brought it out the front I had to also build a new pay station enclosure.

Still have my dryers mounted outside in the back, but might do something about that this year when it gets warmer. I think I have enough room to squeeze certain dryer models into the bay.

I also ripped out all the concrete in that bay and poured a new slab with new floor heat (FYI my floor heat tubing was on the bottom of an 8" slab). It works significantly better now. Also raised the roof of the other auto bay but currently have it closed. Still trying to decide what to do with that bay.. if car counts warrant another IBA or maybe I'll do a truck bay or dog wash (my neighbor is a vet clinic, so might be a good fit).

I made the openings 10' wide by 8' tall.

Last edited: