What's new

Question for nayax users...

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
The folks who are using nayax ,do you just enter a dollar amount you want to use and then unit counts down or is able to be configured to count up?

Reaction score
Mine are paired with TM-5CU timers and do count up. There's a configuration file that tells the unit what to charge, in my case it's $3 to start and $1/minute.

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
So I'm assuming that a dixmor led 6 would configure with it and count up. I had talked to a rep yesterday and he was unsure about count up abilities, someone more familiar with the wash nayax was going to call me Monday.

MEP001

Reaction score
So I'm assuming that a dixmor led 6 would configure with it and count up.
I would not assume that. He said there's a configuration in the timer, presumably to match the count-up from the Nayax. Dixmor LED-6 doesn't have that.

Reaction score
Sorry, but I have no experience with Dixmor timers. I am very happy with my Timemaster units. When they fail, I send them to Colorado to be repaired and it's normally about $100 to repair. Not bad, as new ones are about $350 if I recall correctly.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
So I'm assuming that a dixmor led 6 would configure with it and count up. I had talked to a rep yesterday and he was unsure about count up abilities, someone more familiar with the wash nayax was going to call me Monday.
For Nayax VPOS count up with a Dixmor LED6 at $3.00 to start/3 minutes…

Program the Dixmor with:

COIN VALU [$ .25]

C: [15] (This is time per coin pulse)

S: [12] (This is coins to start)

CC PULSE VALUE: [$.25]

DOLLARS ON COUNT UP

Connect Nayax VPOS Pulse Wire #1 to Dixmor Pin 8 (White with Black Wire)

Now, the Dixmor will display dollar amount charged to credit card as it accumulates…just like a gasoline dispenser.
Verify the settings by swiping/inserting/tapping the credit card.
The LED6 should continuously display money charged to credit card. At 1 minute the timer should display $1.00…at 2 minutes the timer should display $2.00, etc.

Scott.Downey

Reaction score

Program the Dixmor with:

COIN VALU [$ .25]

DOLLARS ON COUNT UP

Now, the Dixmor will display dollar amount charged to credit card as it accumulates…just like a gasoline dispenser.
The LED6 should continuously display money charged to credit card. At 1 minute the timer should display $1.00…at 2 minutes the timer should display $2.00, etc.
Thank you for your detailed explanation. Are you a wash owner with nayax in service?

Keno

Reaction score

Program the Dixmor with:

COIN VALU [$ .25]

DOLLARS ON COUNT UP

Thanks for the detailed info on this, we are getting ready to install led 6 timers and nayax in the bays. Quick question, can the min charge be setup different for cash and credit? Ie $3 start for cash and $5 min for cc?

Also, I’ve read that nayax can serve as the timer on vacs. Is this true?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Program the LED6
With coins, this starts the bay for $3.00 for 3 minutes. Each additional coin adds 15 seconds.

During credit card Count Up, the Dixmor simply displays accumulating money being charged.
The CC Minimum charge is established by your Nayax configuration…say $5.00.
So, CC customers who press STOP before 5 minutes of use will still be charged $5.00.

I believe you'll still need a timer for the vacuums. (I've no experience there)

Etowah

Keno

Reaction score
Program the LED6
With coins, this starts the bay for $3.00 for 3 minutes. Each additional coin adds 15 seconds.

During credit card Count Up, the Dixmor simply displays accumulating money being charged.
The CC Minimum charge is established by your Nayax configuration…say $5.00.
So, CC customers who press STOP before 5 minutes of use will still be charged $5.00.

I believe you'll still need a timer for the vacuums. (I've no experience there)
Thanks, makes sense now.

I will contact Nayax about the vac timer, I believe I read about the coinless guys using the nayax as the timer in vacs at their test site.

steve91932

Reaction score
Cantbreak80. Can I ask you a Nayax question? What relays are you using when installing Nayax readers to convert the pulse? I am having a horrible time finding any that work well. Nayax suggests getting them from Amazon. I have tried different vendors on Amazon but they all seem to sell the exact same relay. About 90% of them do not work right out of the box. The relay chatters (sounds like hair clippers) with each pulse instead of closing solid with each pulse. When it chatters it doesn't read as a pulse. I included a pic of the relay we are using. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Supwash

Reaction score
Ha Ha nice! finally some nayax questions and answers maybe? we also are trying to use a relay from amazon nayax recommended but cannot get the unit to stay on Power up and then shuts off.. Installer said we need a 24v dc output for this type of relay ( installed but not working) so any help would be appreciated Image_2022-07-15_12-27-10 (1).png

Last edited:

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
I have one on the bench getting ready to install...I assumed that it didnt need anything to communicate with my dixmore 6

MEP001

Reaction score
These relays are probably chattering because you're running 24v AC to something that needs DC.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Our installations do not use any relays. I’m not sure why Nayax recommends them.

With Dixmor LED6 timers…This is how we wire them:
  • 2 Nayax wires labeled “24vac/dc” to constant coin box 24vac Hot
  • 2 Nayax wires labeled “24vac/dc” to constant coin box 24vac Common
  • 1 Nayax wire labeled “Pulse 1” to LED6 Pin 8 (White/Black)
During CC operation, a properly programmed LED6 will display accumulating Money Spent while the Nayax displays Accumulating Time.

MEP001

Reaction score
Our installations do not use any relays. I’m not sure why Nayax recommends them.
Someone is confusing count-up and count-down wiring. You do need a relay to run count down.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Someone is confusing count-up and count-down wiring. You do need a relay to run count down.
Huh...I didn't know that.
I've always set my customers up with Count Up. (It's the best! LOL)

JustClean

Reaction score
Hi Mep,
We've got the Nayax in count-down and don't have a relay. Hmm...just wondering if that is for car washes that don't want the use of cash being displayed within Nayax...hahaha...