What's new

Q-See cameras out of business

Haroldeveryman

Reaction score
Yep. My app quit yesterday.
All five of my cameras were down from approximately February 4th through yesterday. This morning I tried my QC plus app and was able to connect to all of my cameras even my two remote cameras. I don't know why. You can manually record and you can manually take snapshots but motion detection and reading from the SD card are disabled. Did somebody else pick up the servers? The remote cameras are registered by serial number and not IP address!

OurTown

Reaction score
I think Wyze was started by former Amazon employees.

rqueneau

Reaction score
Something weird just happened. I have two QC four megapixel cameras at a remote location and they did not work when QC shut down. This morning I used the QC app just for the hell of it and guess what, they worked! I can pan tilt and zoom and record either video or snapshot manually but it does not record by motion detect. I was able to turn on audio as well. I wonder if somebody else took over their servers and brought them back online again??
I was just going through this thread and saw this. I've been unable to get the QT View app to control the PTZ of my camera at a remote location. When I'm at that location, the PTZ works fine using the on-screen user interface (VGA) and mouse. When I'm remote, I can see what the camera sees, but I can't control the PTZ. Whenever I try to configure the PTZ for that camera on the QT View app, it says that it "failed to get PTZ configuration data" How did you configure your PTZ in the app?

Haroldeveryman

Reaction score
I was just going through this thread and saw this. I've been unable to get the QT View app to control the PTZ of my camera at a remote location. When I'm at that location, the PTZ works fine using the on-screen user interface (VGA) and mouse. When I'm remote, I can see what the camera sees, but I can't control the PTZ. Whenever I try to configure the PTZ for that camera on the QT View app, it says that it "failed to get PTZ configuration data" How did you configure your PTZ in the app?
It's all over now. Two of my five cameras still work locally but I can't even get the other three online even when they are connected to the router. I am trying one Wyse PTZ cam to see if I like it then I'll replace all five with them.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's not available on Amazon anymore, it was a Wisenet "Super HD" DVR with sixteen 5MP cameras, $700. Item # SDC-89445BF in case you want to look for it on eBay or elsewhere.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I did a classic hack on my system. I put a Wyze camera in front of my Qsee NVR display. Now I look at my wash through the wyze app. It actually works pretty well.
Greg & others,

Something else to consider is the use of ApowerMirror installed on both a smart phone & whatever PC. That way a much larger viewing ability! A lightning fast transfer of whatever is recorded in playback mode ... in my case on my Galaxy Note 8 ... from the cell's DCIM folder. The usb C 3.1 cable wise is what I use ... but wi-fi transfer should be almost as fast.

BTW ... it finally appears to be the norm locally for citizens to be able to send their mp4 file through email to the local PD ... according to an officer very recently. I have been sending them that way anyway even though an IT person from the city said he thought there my be a legal issue doing that! What they do with it then ... can be a mystery though ... our tax dollars at work...

Roz

Reaction score
Wyze is still an independent company. Their cameras for the price are great, just wish they there water resistant. But at 29.95 or 19.95 I can replace them once a year and be ahead. My water proofing of the camera works and connections but somehow moisture eventually finds a way to end the camera.

LOrex cameras are fine until they stop working just after the one year warrantee.
There has to be a better more reliable camera solution for a damp environment. AvertX (at another wash) have same issue.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Roz,

Have you had the water problem happen to the Wyze V3 ... which is specifically by Wyze includes outdoor usage. Has anyone been successful putting in the V3's in their self service bays???

I do have some extremely high quality 1982 outdoor camera housings that still have their protective clear lenses. Online reviews say that the V3 has acceptable quality through a protected glass ... I might experiment & see if the Wyze V3 survives outside of the 100% dry housing though.

Roz

Reaction score
Roz,

Have you had the water problem happen to the Wyze V3 ... which is specifically by Wyze includes outdoor usage. Has anyone been successful putting in the V3's in their self service bays???

I do have some extremely high quality 1982 outdoor camera housings that still have their protective clear lenses. Online reviews say that the V3 has acceptable quality through a protected glass ... I might experiment & see if the Wyze V3 survives outside of the 100% dry housing though.
I had a WiFi outdoor camera go south after 3 months inside IBA. Wyze support never responds. Should be under warranty but if you cannot talk to them the policy is useless.

I used the rubber housing sold on Amazon designed for the wyze PTZ. It made the camera fry from heat so I discarded that idea. I still like the cameras to monitor equipment room, chemical levels, spot free water level, basically pointed at anything that could go wrong. One is even wired inside a changer to monitor coin levels and the error LED so they are great, just not water resistant. However they have good company with more expensive cameras.

Etowah