What's new

Q-See cameras out of business

MEP001

Reaction score
Same here. I've already bought a replacement, I guess I need to swap them out.

copperglobe

Reaction score
On their site they give instructions on how you can change some of the settings and have your app go directly to your DVR bypassing their cloud/whatever servers. I haven't tried it yet.

MEP001

Reaction score
On their site they give instructions on how you can change some of the settings and have your app go directly to your DVR bypassing their cloud/whatever servers. I haven't tried it yet.
I think that's just for PC viewing, which I couldn't get to work on Windows 10.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
You can remote connect directly from the app to the NVR. You do it by IP address, and you have to have ports 37777 and 37778 forwarded to the IP of the NVR. You also need a static public IP. It still works after their cloud service shut down.

MEP001

Reaction score
Mine got wet today, so good timing I guess.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Ha, I bought two about a year ago because I wanted the cameras. One is still new in the box. Guess I'll put her on ebay. I have used Qsee products for a long time, I hate to see them go. I guess lorex will be my next system

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Hopefully, nothing like that will happen to Wyze Cams. Maybe the Wyze's SD card would still work???

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
A lot of that IP and port stuff is over my head, my brother usually does all that stuff. However, we have at least 6 DVR’s that I can still view through my Q-See Qt-view app. Some of the DVRs are Q-see and some aren’t but we use the Q-See app for them all.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
MJ an SD card is an SD card. They will work in anything that accepts SD cards.

MEP001

Reaction score
Maybe you should "study" the manual.

copperglobe

Reaction score
I tried all that IP and port forwarding that the QSee site instructed but couldn't get it to work. However, I don't understand a lot of that stuff. I unplugged all my cameras and installed a Lorex DVR that I'd never used, gave their (Lorex) customer support a phone call and in about 5 minutes I'm up and running using the Lorex Cloud app. I've also been using more and more Wyze cameras around the house, farm and wash. Like how they work.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Maybe you should "study" the manual.
yoo betcha yoo lillleee booties ... manuals always cover everything ... nuthin leffft out.

Seriously, I am hoping that one of us Wyze users on this forum has done or does take the time to do the required test ... as in going back on the Micro SD card during a time they or me has the network or specific IP disconnected & verified if during that specific time the Micro SD actually recorded!

Haroldeveryman

Reaction score
I tried all that IP and port forwarding that the QSee site instructed but couldn't get it to work. However, I don't understand a lot of that stuff. I unplugged all my cameras and installed a Lorex DVR that I'd never used, gave their (Lorex) customer support a phone call and in about 5 minutes I'm up and running using the Lorex Cloud app. I've also been using more and more Wyze cameras around the house, farm and wash. Like how they work.
Something weird just happened. I have two QC four megapixel cameras at a remote location and they did not work when QC shut down. This morning I used the QC app just for the hell of it and guess what, they worked! I can pan tilt and zoom and record either video or snapshot manually but it does not record by motion detect. I was able to turn on audio as well. I wonder if somebody else took over their servers and brought them back online again??