What's new

Purchasing another wash

traveler17

Reaction score
The wash is unattended; open 24/7; however we have 8 video cameras throughout the site and also in the wash bay, running 24 hours; and we live only 8 minutes from the wash. We've not had any serious damage to any customers' vehicles, and were lucky both this time and the last time the top brush belts broke just before X-mas. We answer and take care of every claim which luckily have been very minor and very few -- usually just a broken antenna or windshield wiper.
I’m 20 minutes from my touchless wash now and the new one would be about an hour away. Still not a deal breaker but if probably have to keep someone around more often than not when I’m not there. Cameras are definitely a must. I’m amazed you’re having such a problem w the profile. You’re the first I’ve heard have anything serious like that w the top falling like that. Did you ever research the mark vii s? I’ve been like I’m in school, haven’t heard many negatives so far. Anyways thanks for the input and putting me on edge 😬 lol

soonermajic

Reaction score
I think biggest difference in the 2 are WW Profile has an open inviting bay, that can even do a dually.
Mark Vll makes u feel chlosterphobic, but washes just as good...but yet even faster.

SLEDGE

Reaction score
3.6xGross is pretty good. Especially if you don't think there's a tunnel possibly coming...? Or better yet
Wonder why the big jump in first 6 mos? Is thqt a normal trend? If not, I'd sure find out why, & if it's something u feel confident it's going to continue to trend that way in future.... you better pounce!!
So 3.6 x gross is a good price for said wash? Just wondering what the average going rate is when purchasing a wash

slash007

Reaction score
I’m 20 minutes from my touchless wash now and the new one would be about an hour away. Still not a deal breaker but if probably have to keep someone around more often than not when I’m not there. Cameras are definitely a must. I’m amazed you’re having such a problem w the profile. You’re the first I’ve heard have anything serious like that w the top falling like that. Did you ever research the mark vii s? I’ve been like I’m in school, haven’t heard many negatives so far. Anyways thanks for the input and putting me on edge 😬 lol
I've had my Profile for about 10 months now and have not had that issue yet. I have been getting random errors lately that usually go away with a reset of the machine. There is another Profile in town and I have seen the top brush hanging un level a few times now. Was one of my biggest concerns before purchasing the machine.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
From what we can tell at this point, the belts broke. The tech had suggested it could have been a vehicle with a high luggage rack or truck with a headache rack that could have caught on it, but when I went back and watched the video, it appeared that the bridge performed the 1st presoak/bug pass on the front of the vehicle, moved to the back of the vehicle and stopped because the belts broke at that point. So that means the top brush never came down on the vehicle yet. Could have been bad belts, but they'll look to warranty them with WW. Probably 1 belt broke and then the tension from the brush coming down broke the other one.

traveler17

Reaction score
So 3.6 x gross is a good price for said wash? Just wondering what the average going rate is when purchasing a wash
It’s obviously not law but a general rule I was taught when I was younger is any business “including car washes “ 3 to 4x’s the gross w the real estate

SLEDGE

Reaction score
Yes ive also heard of that in a number of businesses. some are even 5 plus.

traveler17

Reaction score
I've had my Profile for about 10 months now and have not had that issue yet. I have been getting random errors lately that usually go away with a reset of the machine. There is another Profile in town and I have seen the top brush hanging un level a few times now. Was one of my biggest concerns before purchasing the machine.
Since you are a friction wash do you ever have it manned for damage claims reasons??

traveler17

Reaction score
The business I see that get up there are Self storages. It’s amazing the multiplier on some that are being sold. 100 unit storages being sold for a million

slash007

Reaction score
Since you are a friction wash do you ever have it manned for damage claims reasons??
Not really manned, but an attendant is there 6 days a week for a few hours. Not specifically for the friction wash. Knock on wood, but so far the only claims are when a customer hits my machine and I go after their insurance, not the other way around.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We had our first belt break on our Profile not too long ago and yes it was very upsetting to have this happen, how can you determine when a belt is going to fail do you just replace them every six months? The Belanger Cube wash system utilizes that scissor effect for their top brush the maintenance for that looks fun.

traveler17

Reaction score
We had our first belt break on our Profile not too long ago and yes it was very upsetting to have this happen, how can you determine when a belt is going to fail do you just replace them every six months? The Belanger Cube wash system utilizes that scissor effect for their top brush the maintenance for that looks fun.
Hopefully it happened w no one in the bay!! How long into you owning the profile did this happen?