What's new

Purchasing another wash

traveler17

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I’m in the process of purchasing a site that is doing some really solid numbers. It’s a 4/2 with the SS and automatics being less than 6 yo. In the due diligence process now. So my questions for you guys is anyone familiar w the mark vii choice wash XT and the soft wash XT. This guy loves the machines but I have zero experience or knowledge about them as far as the dependability of them. It’s not stopping me trying to buy this place but Ive Never owned frictions except my small conveyor wash years back. Thanks for the input. Appreciate this forum and everyone’s input!!

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with them yet, but I'm about to be.

soonermajic

Reaction score
What's ballpark figures on the #'s...? Ive hears good things about those IBAs, but have zero experience...

traveler17

Reaction score
What's ballpark figures on the #'s...? Ive hears good things about those IBAs, but have zero experience...
Me or MEP?
Numbers of the wash I’m looking or the numbers of the cost of markvii’s?

traveler17

Reaction score
#'s on the wash & then rough asking price...
Wash I’m looking at is running 250/year last 5 years. 1st 6 months of this year he’s at 175k. These markvii’s I think he paid around 100 to 150 each. One of them which he said gets the most use is the combo wash option. touch less or friction. First time I’ve ever seen these type of washes. Being friction I feel like I’m going to have to have it manned all the time.

soonermajic

Reaction score
3.6xGross is pretty good. Especially if you don't think there's a tunnel possibly coming...? Or better yet
Wonder why the big jump in first 6 mos? Is thqt a normal trend? If not, I'd sure find out why, & if it's something u feel confident it's going to continue to trend that way in future.... you better pounce!!

traveler17

Reaction score
3.6xGross is pretty good. Especially if you don't think there's a tunnel possibly coming...? Or better yet
Wonder why the big jump in first 6 mos? Is thqt a normal trend? If not, I'd sure find out why, & if it's something u feel confident it's going to continue to trend that way in future.... you better pounce!!
So I checked w planning and zoning and no permits or plans for any washes. He told me he felt like the jump was because of an attendant he keeps around an hour or so on the weekdays and on the weekends he’s prepping cars, making tips etc… even if it hangs around the 250 mark the numbers are right to work. A tech who does my electrical knows the wash and said not enough volume in that town for a tunnel. I’m trying to get it going asap, but nothing is quick when it comes to these banks :)

Etowah

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I had a Softwash XT. It was installed in Jan. 2018 and I sold the wash in Jan. 2020. In that two years I had one breakdown. It was the emergency stop switch. I jumpered it until I got a new one from ZORO for $14. The new owner was not a Mark VII fan, but said he is as pleased as I was and is considering buying another softwash to replace an older Mark VII GT.

MEP001

Reaction score
Are you buying one??
My business partner just bought a wash with one, I don't even know the model, it just says Mark VII on it. I haven't even gotten all seven SS bays running yet, it was so badly neglected.

kdersch

Reaction score
On this note, has anyone been able to run a Pro Forma or a simile analysis on an IBA? I’m looking to buy but the revenue is dismal due to several issues. I’d like to know how it “should” be performing.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Wash I’m looking at is running 250/year last 5 years. 1st 6 months of this year he’s at 175k. These markvii’s I think he paid around 100 to 150 each. One of them which he said gets the most use is the combo wash option. touch less or friction. First time I’ve ever seen these type of washes. Being friction I feel like I’m going to have to have it manned all the time.
You said you were worried about "friction." This is what my Profile did this morning. 2nd time this has happened. First time was 8 months ago just before X-mas.

Attachments

OurTown

Reaction score
You said you were worried about "friction." This is what my Profile did this morning. 2nd time this has happened. First time was 8 months ago just before X-mas.
What is causing this?

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
First, let me apologize for putting this on this particular thread; I probably should have started a new one. But I had just gotten back from the site and was royally pissed and saw this comment from the originator about being a little wary about friction, so I thought I'd throw it in here. We're not sure yet. Distributor is on their way to fix it (they're 2 hours away). Could be a bad belt, or fixture holding it; or it could have been installed improperly when it was fixed the first time in Dec. (maybe tightened too much). They'll be looking into all of this; and said they'd try to have WW "warranty" it.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Yes, I noticed that also. Not sure if that's part of the assembly itself or something foreign that could have caused this. I'll know more later.

traveler17

Reaction score
First, let me apologize for putting this on this particular thread; I probably should have started a new one. But I had just gotten back from the site and was royally pissed and saw this comment from the originator about being a little wary about friction, so I thought I'd throw it in here. We're not sure yet. Distributor is on their way to fix it (they're 2 hours away). Could be a bad belt, or fixture holding it; or it could have been installed improperly when it was fixed the first time in Dec. (maybe tightened too much). They'll be looking into all of this; and said they'd try to have WW "warranty" it.
That’s exactly the kind of 💩 I’m worried about. That didn’t fall on a car did it, that’s what’s gonna make me a lil uneasy about it. Do you have an attendant at your site with the friction wash in case of damage claims by customers or do you just let it ride??

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
The wash is unattended; open 24/7; however we have 8 video cameras throughout the site and also in the wash bay, running 24 hours; and we live only 8 minutes from the wash. We've not had any serious damage to any customers' vehicles, and were lucky both this time and the last time the top brush belts broke just before X-mas. We answer and take care of every claim which luckily have been very minor and very few -- usually just a broken antenna or windshield wiper.