What's new

Pressure tips ??? pressure problems

soonermajic

Reaction score
What kind of tip protector? If order from KR, then what moxel # m

cebo

Reaction score
I've run 15065 for years. My competition had 25 degree tips so I put those on and I had a lot of complaints. People are happy and it takes them longer to get the soap off. Of course the hunters and mudders like the 15 degrees better.

Randy

Reaction score
We’ve used a 1505 nozzle forever. The customers think they are getting a lot more pressure than they really are because of the narrower spray pattern. It does take a little longer to rise off the car but it makes cleaning up the bay a lot faster and easier.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We’ve used a 1505 nozzle forever. The customers think they are getting a lot more pressure than they really are because of the narrower spray pattern. It does take a little longer to rise off the car but it makes cleaning up the bay a lot faster and easier.
Randy,

Are those 1505 IMEGS you are using?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I liked my 3207's for a long time. Recently I had to replace a gun ( I keep complete assy's ready to go) that had a 2507. I'm switching all the guns over to the 2507

Alpine Dreams

Reaction score
Try using a 1505 nozzle. That’s the nozzle we’ve used forever. The narrow spray pattern gives the customer the impression that they are getting a lot more pressure than they are. When they pull the trigger they get the kick of the gun and they like that.
I purchased a 1506 tip to try your method after seeing you mention it a few times. I like your concept. Hope my 1506 isn't much different from your 1505.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Is a chart available that anyone knows of? Just curious. I want a tip that customers can feel the kick of the pressure when spray gun handle is pulled.

MEP001

Reaction score
You shouldn't feel a kick when the trigger is pulled. If you do, that means your regulator is not keeping pressure like it should. I see that happen a lot when someone uses an unloader with a weep gun, the pressure will come up around 20% with the trigger released. Sometimes the tip is oversized or the pump has an issue but the operator cranks up the regulator trying to compensate so trigger-released pressure is way too high. With everything working properly and a good tip, none of that should happen.

https://www.giantpumps.com/technical-info/nozzle-chart

https://www.powerwash.com/media/wysiwyg/Nozzle-poster_1.png

soonermajic

Reaction score
MEP, maybe you're thinking of a different kick. I've ever pulled the trigger @ ANY wash, & not felt a "kick". I'd surmise most customers want to feel a good "kick",& equate that w% good pressure...

Damoni88

Reaction score
I also was wondering does bay heights and hose lengths matter? Reason i ask this i have 3 carwashs 2 with 10ft bays and 1 with 14 ft and the 2 shorter bays have way more kick / pressure

MEP001

Reaction score
Agree. You want the customers to feel the gun push back due to the pressure when they pull the trigger.
A normal kick of the pressure, yes, not a stronger kick and then have the pressure fall back down.

MEP001

Reaction score
So, what do you guys reccomend tip/ pressure wise on regulator i use to have that?
Use the biggest tip you can to run the pressure you want. The charts I linked will help with that. There's no stock answer since every car wash is different.