What's new

Pressure tips ??? pressure problems

cap732000

Reaction score
I purchased another wash almost a year ago. It is running hypro 2400 series pumps I have replaced all seals as we been trying to upgrade this wash. I have one problem that seems to be a thorn in my side customers complaining "When are you going to turn the pressure up!"I was running them at 1100 psi which I do at other wash, however, I must admit I turned them up to 1400 psi with a 2505 tip and it doesnt seem to affect it at all. It just seems weak. Is there another tip I can use to help any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW I don't like MEG tips in a SS bay. They're meant for descaling and have very little impact at more than a few inches.

cap732000

Reaction score
What tip would you recommend?????

I purchased another wash almost a year ago. It is running hypro 2400 series pumps I have replaced all seals as we been trying to upgrade this wash. I have one problem that seems to be a thorn in my side customers complaining "When are you going to turn the pressure up!"I was running them at 1100 psi which I do at other wash, however, I must admit I turned them up to 1400 psi with a 2505 tip and it doesnt seem to affect it at all. It just seems weak. Is there another tip I can use to help any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Randy

Reaction score
What tip would you recommend?????
Try using a 1505 nozzle. That’s the nozzle we’ve used forever. The narrow spray pattern gives the customer the impression that they are getting a lot more pressure than they are. When they pull the trigger they get the kick of the gun and they like that.

cap732000

Reaction score
Sounds good! Thanks!

Try using a 1505 nozzle. That’s the nozzle we’ve used forever. The narrow spray pattern gives the customer the impression that they are getting a lot more pressure than they are. When they pull the trigger they get the kick of the gun and they like that.

Etowah

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
I suggest volume vs. pressure.
#5 tip flows approximately 2.6 gpm @ 1100 psi.

Your complaints will be quieted if you use #6 tips at 1,200 psi. (3.2 gpm)
If you have 5 hp motors you'll be praised by increasing the flow to 3.8 gpm with #7 tips at 1,200 psi. (You weak wristed customers MIGHT complain.)

I prefer 25 degree spray angle minimum. 15 degree pattern is only about 6". 25 degrees covers about 10". 40 degrees hits about 16". Wider spray angles also help clean the bay floors quicker.

mrfixit

Reaction score
You have very little water coming out to create force against their arm.

I've been running 25065 tips for years, 2507 is more kick but more water and chemical.

Move up to a 25065 or 06, it will be a big difference. Make sure you check the pump pressure when you change, it will need adjustment.

Last edited:

mrfixit

Reaction score
FWIW I don't like MEG tips in a SS bay. They're meant for descaling and have very little impact at more than a few inches.
Yeah what do you use? no Meg tip? You use vjets?.. I thought megs were wash down tips..

I'll try it if you say it's better!

MEP001

Reaction score
Yeah what do you use? no Meg tip? You use vjets?.. I thought megs were wash down tips..

I'll try it if you say it's better!
Yes, I prefer the V-jets. There's still a sharp sting when you spray your hand at 2 feet where the MEG just feels like a strong mist. The V-spray pattern is more oval. IMO they're also a lot safer because at 1" away it won't instantly cut through skin.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Just something I felt I have to say. "cantbreak80" You say you use a 40 deg. because it cleans the floor faster. That is correct, but that also means it will clean the cars faster. Are we not in the business of selling time? I dont want to make it difficult to clean a car, but at the same time I want to maximize how long I can keep someone washing a car. My triple foam brush pushes loads of soap out, as does all other soap options. I feel that is the main area we impress our customers. Just my opinion, not looking to blast anyone, just felt a comment was in order. Please share all your thoughts on this.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't think I'd want to clean a muddy bay floor with a 40° tip.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Just something I felt I have to say. "cantbreak80" You say you use a 40 deg. because it cleans the floor faster.
I believe you misread my post...I didn't say I use 40.deg nozzles. I simply stated the width of the spray pattern for the various tip sizes. I prefer and use 25deg.

That is correct, but that also means it will clean the cars faster. Are we not in the business of selling time? I dont want to make it difficult to clean a car, but at the same time I want to maximize how long I can keep someone washing a car. My triple foam brush pushes loads of soap out, as does all other soap options. I feel that is the main area we impress our customers. Just my opinion, not looking to blast anyone, just felt a comment was in order. Please share all your thoughts on this.
I agree 100% and suspect both of our customer's impressions are positive.

No "Blast" felt on my side of the keyboard. :)

mrfixit

Reaction score
Yes, I prefer the V-jets. There's still a sharp sting when you spray your hand at 2 feet where the MEG just feels like a strong mist. The V-spray pattern is more oval. IMO they're also a lot safer because at 1" away it won't instantly cut through skin.
I thought so... I read it at some point in the thousands of posts I've read here. Lol.. was just reading some posts from 08, lol. I do a lot of keyword searching the forum.

Makes sense I notice the megs are weak at distance, about 2-3ft is mist. I tried the imegs, too sharp for my liking up close, nearly cuts skin if you don't psi down, and will peel loose paint easily if you get close.. I also had an uneven spray pattern, the ends of the fan were like streams. I think these are what hurt the skin.

I'll have to go ahead with testing some v-jets next order. Thanks as always MEP.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
We're limited because of water restrictions and potential rationing. The city inspects washes to make sure they're not using more than 3 GPM at the bay, and in Austin they prohibit weep guns outside of freezing temps. I've been running 2506 tips at 1200 PSI and just turn the pressure down to 1000 before the inspection. I might switch to 25055.

soonermajic

Reaction score
If you don't have any limits on water, what size tips would you suggest? I want a BIG kick when they pull the trigger & lots of pressure. My competition runs about 1400psi!

soonermajic

Reaction score
Randy suggested 1505. I think I'm gonna give those a try.
Heck, for $3.50, if the customer thinks he is getting more pressure, that may be the single best expense you could ever make...!!!

MEP001

Reaction score
If you don't have any limits on water, what size tips would you suggest? I want a BIG kick when they pull the trigger & lots of pressure. My competition runs about 1400psi!
I like 1200 PSI with a 2506, and I run a tip protector which also makes a lot of noise. IMO higher than 1200 becomes dangerous for the average person.