What's new

Preasoak

Rfreeman

Reaction score
" The black rubber plunger seat should be slightly recessed. If it is swollen you can try to shave it flat with a sharp single edged razor blade. That will likely allow enough flow. If that doesn't work replace it."
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this tip Greg never thought to do it but used it today to fix a low flow problem on triple foam in one bay today!

bNc

Reaction score
Update: I purchased and received the mini regulators from Kleen Rite on Friday just as you suggested Greg. I installed them this morning and voila that worked, I have product coming out. THANK YOU SO much for your help and a huge THANK YOU to everyone else as well. I'm attaching a small video to show.

I have another question. Under the regulators looks like there is a check valve, is this correct? And are they suppose to go there or somewhere else? I'm attaching a picture to show.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
That's a check that your pointing to. Where does that hose go back to that's is connected to the check valve?

Reactions: bNc

bNc

Reaction score
Gotcha, thank you Randy.
The hose goes to the flojet. It's the product hose . Is this to prevent the product/chemical from coming back to the flojet or....?? I'm asking because I'm new to all this and don't know when would I need to change it. How do I know when the check valves are failing?
- I'm new to all this, thank you for your help.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The check valve is likely intended as backup to the bay manifold check valve to keep high pressure from backing up the line to the Flojet and popping the diaphragm. In your system it would only be useful on the tire cleaner since foam brush and conditioner are not connected to the high pressure manifold. I'm also assuming you have medium pressure presoak that is powered by the cat pump.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to check your bay check valves. You could just unhook the tire cleaner poly lines where they come out of the solenoid manifolds one bay at a time and turn on the high pressure in that bay. With that bay running check to see if product gets pushed out those lines by high pressure back feeding.

Whoever modified your Coleman system did a lot of unnecessary hardware and stuff. They must have worked for Mark VII beforehand. :)

scrubbles

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to make the Presoak foam and not watery.(I’m a new Carwash owner,been in the business for almost 2 years)
I’m still learning and I’m very handy I’ve recently made some upgrades to it and I wanted to have the Presoak on its own hose,I currently use the summer breeze from Kleen right.
Before it was coming out from the pressure wand at low pressure but no air,I thought that adding air to it might cause it to foam just like the foam brush but it’s not and it’s coming soapy but not foamy.I’ll attach some pictures of the set up I have.
Like I said I’m very new to this industry and i find it very interesting and fascinating.it’s not in any way an “easy” job but it’s better than a 9-5 job I’ve worked before.
Any help would be much appreciated it.
Thank you all.
We use hydrominders and mix water & presoak and comes out nice and foamy and looks like paint gun when applying, but also has water so it runs down the car and not too clumpy (live shaving cream as previous poster mentioned). They sell bins to pre-mix but old soap buckets work great too. We do this for mag chloride/bug spray, and tire cleaner too and customers really like it. It also saves a ton on soap and chemical cost, but more importantly customers love it.

scrubbles

Reaction score
Hey thank you for replying.
I don’t have those fancy set ups as I’ve seen on the internet,I have dosatrons to dispense my chemicals.
Can this set up do do the same and form a nice wet foam!?
Dosatrons are difficult to blend correctly try mixing water and presoak and use with hydrominder instead.