What's new

posting pictures,

csmith

Reaction score
may be a dumb question but I don't have any other problems on any other forums posting pictures expect this one, I've got Apple Mac lap top, could anyone give me the run down on how to get pictures on my post?

MEP001

Reaction score
I use Facebook to "host" photos since it's the only thing I can find that's free. Create an album that's public, upload photos, then right-click one to get the URL and post it here using the Insert Image button.

Uploading them here severely limits the size and sometimes people can't even see them.

soapy

Reaction score
When I post a picture I usually have to down size it due to the size restrictions on this forum. I use microsoft paint and usually down sizing it to about 15% of its original size will let you post direct to the forum by going to advanced and manage attachments.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Well if Jackson would like a cheap way to improve the forum making it easier to post pictures would be it. Oh, and increasing message limits to more than 50.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've used other forums built on this same format that allow uploading larger images to a user library to be linked in a post. And I agree, in an age where we're measuring data storage in gigabytes and terabytes, limiting private messages to 50 doesn't make sense.

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry guys - let me see what I can do.

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, changes have been made that should make a difference. Can anyone please post some pics to test it to see if it's fixed?

MEP001

Reaction score
View attachment 1191

It was very slow and clunky to upload this image, much more trouble than just sharing it through Facebook.

Edit: It inserted it twice, which I had to undo, and it automatically reduced the image size by about 50%.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I had to click "Go Advanced" and click "Attachments" to upload a photo first.
I tried the “go advanced” route, but it still just asked for a URL. Regardless, it should be easy enough for an average Joe to do, without having to jump through hoops when you don’t even know where they are. It’s not an issue on other forums.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use Microsoft OneDrive to embed pictures here
I think you have to have a paid subscription to a Microsoft Office product to use that. I get 1 TB free but it costs $100 a year for Office 365.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We use Microsoft OneDrive for all of our documents and pictures/videos and is well worth what we pay for it due to the cloud capabilities.

DigitalCrowd

Administrator
Reaction score
"Go Advanced", scroll down to middle of the page, click on "manage attachments", and you can upload your images there. 15mb files are allowed, it will only reduce them to 1200x1200 (instead of 600 before) and there are no limits accumulated limits on how many attachments you can post, where before it was limited to 40mb.

1000 private messages are the new limit. If you have any other issues, let me know.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I think most everyone wants to be able to upload from our PC? Everything so far is over my head, and I'm sure there are many more as frustrated as I am. Over on the motorhome forum I can post a picture in 30 seconds. Here, I have given up.:(

I tried with the advice in your last post. Still got asked for a URL, no other option.

DigitalCrowd

Administrator
Reaction score
The method outlined above does allow you to post from your PC. I posted the above image from PC. It only takes 30 seconds or less.