What's new

Possible to repair severely vandalized vacuum meter box?

Mchas

Reaction score
More fun at the car wash. Some genius spent several hours over two separate days breaking into one of my vacuums and severely damaged the meter box and faceplate (and got maybe $5 if he was lucky since I had just emptied it). I am hoping it might be possible to cut this damaged one off and replace with a new box and faceplate?

First question: this appears to be a JE Adams vacuum - is that true?
DE676C3F-50C0-4DBE-A908-57AE4C80559D.jpeg

This is what my other good one looks like if it helps identify it:

D9C9B284-3958-48A3-A6A1-17242C49AD49.jpeg

Assuming this is a JE Adams vacuum, I believe they sell a replacement meter box and faceplate here:

The only thing it seems to not have is the “Hang Hose Here” vertical part above the meter box but I could probably have someone cut that off the old one and weld it onto the new one.

Would it be worth trying to repair this? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
It is an Adams vacuum. They do sell the box assembly, and it can be bolted on instead of welded. I recommend calling Adams directly to get the right part number, then ordering it from someone (Adams doesn't sell direct).

Mchas

Reaction score
It is an Adams vacuum. They do sell the box assembly, and it can be bolted on instead of welded. I recommend calling Adams directly to get the right part number, then ordering it from someone (Adams doesn't sell direct).
Excellent advice - thank you! If it can be bolted on that would be MUCH easier than finding someone to weld the stainless steel. I will call JE Adams tomorrow.

mac

Reaction score
Consider just getting rid of cash and do credit cards only. No cash, no temptation