What's new

Poll: Biden or Trump is best for my car wash?

Will the 2020 presidential election have an impact on your self serve? If so, are you rooting for Jo

• Biden

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Trump

Votes: 44 84.6%
  • No impact and/or I don't care

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
Will the 2020 presidential election have an impact on your self serve? If so, are you rooting for Joe Biden or Donald Trump?

traveler17

Reaction score
Will the 2020 presidential election have an impact on your self serve? If so, are you rooting for Joe Biden or Donald Trump?
Since nobody will say it I will. We all have our opinions and political beliefs. The reason you’ve had one response other than mine is NO ONE is here to delve into politics. No offense but stupid question.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
I know of plenty here who are willing to delve into political discussions! LOL. But I think the purpose is a POLL, not to argue or even post comments.

water guy

Reaction score
Your right it is a Stupid Question. And it should of Never said are you rooting for Joe that was the first mistake.

traveler17

Reaction score
I know of plenty here who are willing to delve into political discussions! LOL. But I think the purpose is a POLL, not to argue or even post comments.
I get it, wrong place for questions or POLLs about politics. I enjoy being on this forum reading and educating myself w fellow Carwash owners across the country. I don’t want to know anyone’s political beliefs. To dangle that question out there like a carrot is gonna start a pissing match that I’m not here for or really want to get into. hence stupid question / poll.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Since nobody will say it I will. We all have our opinions and political beliefs. The reason you’ve had one response other than mine is NO ONE is here to delve into politics. No offense but stupid question.
I've been on the car wash forum at least once a week since the mid 90s. You are simply flat out wrong, politics has always been part of the discussion here.
And politics is the single most significant factor that has effected my wash, by at least an order of magnitude. Any you've decided that I cant discuss that here? Wow. Why are you so intent on censoring other people? If you dont want to read political posts, then dont read them, it really is that simple.

traveler17

Reaction score
I've been on the car wash forum at least once a week since the mid 90s. You are simply flat out wrong, politics has always been part of the discussion here.
And politics is the single most significant factor that has effected my wash, by at least an order of magnitude. Any you've decided that I cant discuss that here? Wow. Why are you so intent on censoring other people? If you dont want to read political posts, then dont read them, it really is that simple.
Im wrong in your opinion. I haven’ decided anything. I didn’t say don’t post it , not censoring anyone Lmao. I said it was a stupid question and explained my reasoning. Haven’t been on here long but have been in this business for 19 years In my short time here haven’t seen or “paid attention” to it but one post regarding politics. I guess I’m sucker for clickbait. I’ve been self employed for 27 years and I can tell you also who affects my pocket. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
Wowza. I have been in discussions with small business owners who were adamant that this election will effect their business. I asked another person and they said it did not matter. I think I was just looking for some sort of justification. Hence, the third option in the poll.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Debra, what surprised me the most about your poll, was that it took 9 hours for the first reply. Since I'm retired, I don't have a dog in the fight and will leave this for the rest of you. You have stepped into the Holy Trinity of never ending/never resolved discussions. Please stay away from religion and motor oil, or we'll never get anything done.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
My family has been in the car wash business since the 50’s.
In recent history I can only remember having had 4 times where our business was affected severly by events, I’m sure I’m missing a couple more.

1) Vietnam
2)The gas shortages in late 70/80’s
3) World Trade Center
4) NOW

Politics definitely affects our lives but I don’t believe either one of them has the sole power to get this country thru this. I believe it takes all of us.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Debra,

I think your poll was worthwhile. I notice google did not allow me to find the specific video clip of Biden along with among other times where he appeared to be "drunk with power with going down... &/or promoting... the wrong path". I did find this IMHO poor "much too flattering of him" horribly deceptive article below:

I do know that I called the US Mint the same day as the above press conference to the "a bit too big for their britches" media. The trembling voice on the other end at the US Mint said she was not allowed to say anything other that the coins could no longer be ordered via ACH or whatever means directly from the Mint anymore. If that was not a non democratic "GAG ORDER" ... I really don't know what else to call it.

Do any of us want to have look at ... repeat ... suffer through ... the detrimental political games & manipulation that Patrick Crowe used to propagate on this forum that William Pitzer finally had to put a stop to .... no ... probably we like IB Washin alluded to ... don't have time for that. Hopefully, the responses during that pivotal time ... by many of us including the late car wash great Kevin Reilly ... were not ignored.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
I'm in the no impact category. Maryland Governor Larry Hogan and the state legislature have a greater impact on my business than whoever the president is. Hogan has shut us down. The state legislature had a big push to tax services that thankfully fell apart, but I know we're going to have to fight it every year.

mac

Reaction score
Well I am not shy at all about expressing my political views, and the election will have a big impact on not just our segment, but every business out there. Didn't ANY of you watch the democrat debates? Boring as hell, but look what most of them said. Free everything. And just who do you think will pay for the free stuff. Not only will our taxes go way up, but so will our customer's taxes go through the roof. Less money in our pockets so people tend to cut back on things, such as washing the family sedan. I am close to ready to show up at the castle gates with my torch and pitchfork. Remember, it was Thomas Jefferson who wrote that the tree of liberty needs to be watered every so often with the blood of patriots. Look it up you weenies out there. Just look at recent history. What did Jimmy Carter do to fight the oil crisis? Buy a freaking sweater for crying out loud. What did Reagan and Trump do? Lowered taxes, stood before the Berlin wall saying, Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall. Debra if you should ever make it down to southwest FL, look me up and I'll buy you several adult beverages.

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
Debra, what surprised me the most about your poll, was that it took 9 hours for the first reply. Since I'm retired, I don't have a dog in the fight and will leave this for the rest of you. You have stepped into the Holy Trinity of never ending/never resolved discussions. Please stay away from religion and motor oil, or we'll never get anything done.
Is Yoda considered a God?

mac

Reaction score
Forgot to add something. You know this might be a joke after all. I mean most of the time Biden doesn't even know where he's at. The coming debates will be some of the best theater ever. Does anyone wonder why Biden isn't out there more? The puppet masters have deemed it best to keep him out of sight, and when shown, it's only briefly. Let me posit a challenge to you Biden supporters out there. If you really believe in him, you should not be shy about placing a bet on the upcoming election. I will even give you two to one odds. I'm serious. Any takers we will send the money, cash, to the the webmaster to hold. Remember the polls before the last election. They all had Hillary 9 points up the day before the election. Takers?

water guy

Reaction score
Wow Barrack O endorsed Sleepy Joe After Crazy Bernie pulled out!! What a poop storm!

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Forgot to add something. You know this might be a joke after all. I mean most of the time Biden doesn't even know where he's at. The coming debates will be some of the best theater ever. Does anyone wonder why Biden isn't out there more? The puppet masters have deemed it best to keep him out of sight, and when shown, it's only briefly. Let me posit a challenge to you Biden supporters out there. If you really believe in him, you should not be shy about placing a bet on the upcoming election. I will even give you two to one odds. I'm serious. Any takers we will send the money, cash, to the the webmaster to hold. Remember the polls before the last election. They all had Hillary 9 points up the day before the election. Takers?
I don't see Biden either. I'd like to add that the Democratic Party itself will hurt Biden. What I mean by this theory is that the Democratic Party has fostered a culture of belief that white people are privileged and bad. Old white men (i.e. Biden) are the worst of the worse. He's just not going to ge the voter enthusiasm. Hillary Clinton fell victim to a lack of enthusiasm in swing states because of her crooked nature. Biden will fall victim to a lack of enthusiasm in part because of the Democratic Party.