What's new

polar freeze gaurd

lucky dog

Reaction score
does any one know what has happened to this company, ?? web site is active , but no one ever answers calls or emails these guys are out of Frankenmuth mi polar freeze gaurd

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
If you're looking for a "system", I might be able to help.
Here's a thread that discusses freeze protection concepts and components.

Roz

Reaction score
Rob Gwisdala answered my email and call when I was looking for the manual for the system we inherited (within the past year). Contact info same as their website info.

lucky dog

Reaction score
after about three weeks of trying to get in touch with mr rob gwisdala. no luck, have left messages, emails even found phone # to his place of business with no luck, I had bought one of his systems a long time ago and could never get it to work correctly, kind of gave up on system. recently I found some one that has had some luck in getting a portion of it to work. I have spoken to several other people and they have had same results. I guess this man doesn't back up what he sells,

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
To add what Cantbreak80 linked to, here is another thread that goes into more detail on how to program an Idec PLC and build a working system...So far our "Freeze Guard" systems have operated flawlessly!

lucky dog

Reaction score
thanks 2 biz, I have had system for some time, when we first got it we really were not sure if it was working correctly, and even then it was extremely had to get any help from these folks. here in Denver I found a person that was more familiar with the system and looked at it . he found or so he says, one wire installed incorrectly on each bay, he also said that the air for the blow out and pump had to be around 100 psi (pump air about 5 psi higher to prevent pump from staling) not the 30 and 35 psi I was originally told. he said the biggest problem that he found is finding the sweet spot. my system has three inputs for each bay, high pressure gun, brush , foam gun. right know we are just trying to get the brush and foam gun working on system. he said that he has never gotten system to work on high pressure gun. my thoughts on system it seems that the system would work better if it did a air only blow out on each portion and at higher volume maybe for 30 to 60 seconds then do the two blow outs with rv anti freeze or washer fluid. another question ? my lines from unit to roof connections are 3/8 poly tubing for foam brush and foam gun. but the ones that I had installed for hp gun are only 1/4 tubing . problem ?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
lucky...
I'd be happy (and interested) in helping you figure it out.

lucky dog

Reaction score
any input would be great hows the best way to get in touch other than this form . my web site is luckydogcarwash.com

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Yep.
I know your of your location.
I’ll give you a call after my golf game.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
thanks 2 biz, I have had system for some time, when we first got it we really were not sure if it was working correctly, and even then it was extremely had to get any help from these folks. here in Denver I found a person that was more familiar with the system and looked at it . he found or so he says, one wire installed incorrectly on each bay, he also said that the air for the blow out and pump had to be around 100 psi (pump air about 5 psi higher to prevent pump from staling) not the 30 and 35 psi I was originally told. he said the biggest problem that he found is finding the sweet spot. my system has three inputs for each bay, high pressure gun, brush , foam gun. right know we are just trying to get the brush and foam gun working on system. he said that he has never gotten system to work on high pressure gun. my thoughts on system it seems that the system would work better if it did a air only blow out on each portion and at higher volume maybe for 30 to 60 seconds then do the two blow outs with rv anti freeze or washer fluid. another question ? my lines from unit to roof connections are 3/8 poly tubing for foam brush and foam gun. but the ones that I had installed for hp gun are only 1/4 tubing . problem ?
WOW, 100 psi! Both me a CB80 don't run anyway near that much pressure....All my tubing running out to the bays is 3/8"...Flotjet set at 35-40psi...Air purge set at 40psi...We have our systems set to purge air for 10 seconds, pump washer fluid for 5 seconds, then purge air again for 10 seconds. Last winter in Southern Ohio was mild. The coldest it got was about +15°....I used 12 gallons of washer fluid to winterize 8 hoses for the whole winter...(4) Foam guns and (4) foam brushes...

Originally I had plumbed 1/4 tubing out to the bays...It was problematic....Volumes of WF fluctuated to much to the furthest bays and made it hard to adjust. Putting in 3/8" tubing fixed the issue. I test each bay for 5 seconds of washer fluid, the flojet pumps 4-5 strokes! So I know each bay is getting the exact same amount!

My system is tested down to -16° and have never had a freeze up....Although I did experience some freeze ups when I had 35' of curly hose on the foam guns...That was years ago...Switching out to straight 3/8 black air hose for FB and FG solved the problem...The trifoam/Pre-soak would flash freeze (Below 10°) in the long 35' coiled hose before it could get to the gun...Putting in the 15' x 3/8" straight hose was just enough so the trifoam/pre-soak could make it to the gun without freezing, no matter how cold. Even down to -16°....Yes it got that cold here several times a few years ago!

I am on the fence about winterizing a HP gun...Too much can go wrong....(SFR blowing by solenoids on the manifold, think about it) I am OK with saving 65% on weep! I can weep about 750 gallons of water a day below 16° in the HP guns alone (4 Bay)...Adding FG and FB put me up to 2250 gallons a day. So this alone saves 1500 gallons a day. I pay close to $20 a thousand for water and sewage....Do the math, it saves a ton of $$$....

lucky dog

Reaction score
thanks for info, I spoke to cant break 80, turns out that I know him. we are going to get together and see if we can work it out.