What's new

Petit Wash Package

Roz

Reaction score
Any idea how much water you will use for your packages? Curious how it compares to the Razor (70 gals per package with blasters & UC).

jubalr

Reaction score
Why not? Tunnels charge $20 for a 2-3 minute ride through on their top package. I know IBA’s can take different amounts of time for the various packages, but it’s all relative - your bottom wash is probably going to be quicker too. People will respond to quality. These days, most people want things faster, and if the quality is NOT sacrificed, they will pay for it. It also takes education. If you have customers who currently wait in the bay for 6-7 minutes for a top wash, there may be some concern with a newer, faster machine at first, but it’s a learning curve for them. Let them see it gives the results they expect.
I've actually been experiencing some of this with my new Oasis XP. It does a great job but it is incredibly fast. My old machine went slowly around the car and even a basic wash was close to 5min. Now at about 2 1/2 min I've had a few call and ask if the machine was working! But one guy left a message about feeling he wasn't in there long enough and assumed their was a problem with the machine. He called back a few minutes later to say that when he and his wife got out of the car, they were surprised how clean it was. Just going to take a little educating for the few that it's faster because it does both side at the same time.

wyatt

Reaction score
I got a 4 star review yesterday on my vector because they said it took too long for the top package, but also mentioned their car was really clean... People are okay, I think, with quicker washes.

OurTown

Reaction score
I have looked at reviews of a Petit site and there were a few that said it didn't take long so they thought it was not worth the price.

Last edited:

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
My touchelss counts have doubled since I’ve put in my Petit. I also increased my prices nearly 25% across the board. I won’t attribute it all to just the machine as I’ve noticed an overall big increase in business on my site but the Petit has been busy and I just told my distributor to put the order in for the second one to replace my Soft Gloss

Reactions: APW

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I replaced some machines back in the day with faster ones. The top wash was significantly shorter, and some customers felt it didn't do everything it was supposed to do. As far as how long the wash process itself takes, I don't think anyone cares or notices if your wash is 4:30 and Bob's wash on the other side of town is 6 minutes, they're looking at their phones, not the wash.. We care about length of washes because of throughput, but I don't think the customer gives two squirts, with the exception of the illusion it didn't do much on significantly short washes.

APW

Reaction score
I replaced some machines back in the day with faster ones. The top wash was significantly shorter, and some customers felt it didn't do everything it was supposed to do. As far as how long the wash process itself takes, I don't think anyone cares or notices if your wash is 4:30 and Bob's wash on the other side of town is 6 minutes, they're looking at their phones, not the wash.. We care about length of washes because of throughput, but I don't think the customer gives two squirts, with the exception of the illusion it didn't do much on significantly short washes.
But the people that care are the ones sitting five deep in line.