What's new

Petit Wash Package

wyatt

Reaction score
I’m putting in my first Petit in a couple weeks and need to get my wash packages nailed down. Can any current owners tell me their wash packages and in what order they go on the car? For example the basic wash being 2 step presoak and spot free (1st step, 2nd step, hp rinse, spot free).

I’m going to have three wash package options.

Just need to get my new signage finished. Thanks

steve569

Reaction score
I’m putting in my first Petit in a couple weeks and need to get my wash packages nailed down. Can any current owners tell me their wash packages and in what order they go on the car? For example the basic wash being 2 step presoak and spot free (1st step, 2nd step, hp rinse, spot free).

I’m going to have three wash package options.

Just need to get my new signage finished. Thanks

steve569

Reaction score
We have 4 packages

Basic Wash
Hi PH
Dwell pass
HP Rinse
Spot Free $7

Super Wash
undercarriage
LoPH PS
HI PH PS
HP Rinse with wax
Spot free Rinse
Dryer $10

Premium Wash
Undercarriage
LP PH PS
Hi PH PS
Dwell Pass
Triple Foam
HP Rinse with Wax
Spot Free
Dryer $12

The Works
Undercarriage
Lo PH PS
Hi PH PS
Dwell pass
Triple Foam
HP Rinse
Foam WaterFall (Ceramic Sealant)
Med Pressure Rinse with wax
Spot Free Rinse
Dryer
Free vacuum token $15

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack this thread but is there anything on the Petit 360i that is proprietary in nature? It seems to have the same principle as the WashWorld systems for "open architecture" parts.

APW

Reaction score
Steve, How long does your top package take?

TSchmitz

Reaction score
Our top package is planned to be:

Undercarriage
Wheel cleaner
Rocker Panel Cleaner
Presoak(Hi ph)
Presoak(Hi ph)
Triple foam(Presoak and conditioner)
HP Rinse(With sealant)
Ceramic
Spot Free Rinse
Dry

Should take around 3:30. Long bay so drying and undercarriage at the same time.

Reactions: APW

TSchmitz

Reaction score
Nope, the entering car will be pulling in though undercarriage while the car exiting will be pulling through the dryer.

TSchmitz

Reaction score
Aren't you worried about customers smashing into each other?
The photo eye that the exiting car leaves is the same one that stops the incoming car. The incoming car is allowed to enter when the leaving car is out of the eye. Given that and the time it takes to pull through the undercarriage and into the bay, the exiting car will be at least 15'+ from the photo eye into the dryer.

APW

Reaction score
Our top package is planned to be:

Undercarriage
Wheel cleaner
Rocker Panel Cleaner
Presoak(Hi ph)
Presoak(Hi ph)
Triple foam(Presoak and conditioner)
HP Rinse(With sealant)
Ceramic
Spot Free Rinse
Dry

Should take around 3:30. Long bay so drying and undercarriage at the same time.
On the triple foam are using one line for presoak and the others for the conditioner?
How are you applying your ceramic, (rain bar)?

TSchmitz

Reaction score
On the triple foam are using one line for presoak and the others for the conditioner?
How are you applying your ceramic, (rain bar)?
The white will be high PH presoak, which I believe hits the car first with the orientation of the nozzle heads. Then the Red and Blue(or whatever color we get set up with) will be conditioner.

Ceramic will be applied through the arms at medium pressure. Ive heard you get much better results doing this way compared to a rain bar that just makes good contact with the hood and roof.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
The white will be high PH presoak, which I believe hits the car first with the orientation of the nozzle heads. Then the Red and Blue(or whatever color we get set up with) will be conditioner.
Why do it like this? It is going to result in really spotty application of those chemicals.

TSchmitz

Reaction score
Why do it like this? It is going to result in really spotty application of those chemicals.
Our chem rep proposed the idea. The theory is to keep the PH of the initial presoak hi, but I can definitely see where you are coming from. I'll have to think about this. What do you think would be the best way about this, triple foam as all conditioner or all presoak?

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
Our chem rep proposed the idea.
Another brilliant idea from a chemical rep :rolleyes:

I would just do all conditioner. The coverage is still going to be junk. I know how the tri-foam is disbursed on a Petit, the hood and windshield will get decent coverage but the sides...not so much.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Definitely some out of the box thinking with people running these units. I'd love to see some videos of this unit in operation and the final result. I'd like a faster auto, but don't want to take a step back in quality of finished product.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Plus I think people would have a hard time with the value to price relationship. I want to charge $20 for my top wash and I don't think 3 1/2 minutes would cut it for the customer.

washnshine

Reaction score
Plus I think people would have a hard time with the value to price relationship. I want to charge $20 for my top wash and I don't think 3 1/2 minutes would cut it for the customer.
Why not? Tunnels charge $20 for a 2-3 minute ride through on their top package. I know IBA’s can take different amounts of time for the various packages, but it’s all relative - your bottom wash is probably going to be quicker too. People will respond to quality. These days, most people want things faster, and if the quality is NOT sacrificed, they will pay for it. It also takes education. If you have customers who currently wait in the bay for 6-7 minutes for a top wash, there may be some concern with a newer, faster machine at first, but it’s a learning curve for them. Let them see it gives the results they expect.

Reactions: APW
Etowah