What's new

Parking lot omelets!

Randy

Reaction score
Ask yourself if you’re going to be using a hot water pressure washer very often and can you justify the expense. I my case the answer is No. In 41 years of being in the car wash business I can only remember having the need or a hot water pressure washer once and I was able to get by without buying or renting one. We’ve been egged a few times and the key is to get it off ASAP and the keep it wet. Once it dries it’s a bitch to get off, as you well know.

HeyVern

Reaction score
I thought the heat was applied after the pressure but I have not studied how they work. It's just hard to believe any pressure washer could hold up to those temperatures.
You may be right, ours never broke down so I never had a reason to tear one apart to see how it actually worked. All I ever did was dump diesel in and flip the switch.

MEP001

Reaction score
Yes, the cylinder has a coil of steel pipe inside, and the water is heated under pressure. It lets you get the water way higher than the boiling point.

OurTown

Reaction score
I found that you can buy a diesel heater to add to an existing pressure washer but they are still pricey. Over $3,000 so it would be hard to justify but maybe I could find a decent used one.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have a hose bibb on my hot water line that I can use to power my pressure washer. Even water "bathtub warm" can help with cleaning.

OurTown

Reaction score
I have a hose bibb on my hot water line that I can use to power my pressure washer. Even water "bathtub warm" can help with cleaning.
I tried that on mine and after a while it melted the wax overheat bulb.