What's new

Parking lot omelets!

OurTown

Reaction score
Okay, not omelets but we were egged! Three stupid jackasses threw I don't even know how many eggs all over our wash. Lot, vacs, walls etc... I'm guessing 36 eggs because there were two empty 18 packs laying on the lot. These things are really hard to remove after sitting in the sun for a few hours. It must be why they used an egg tempera in the Sistine Chapel. I spent over three hours pressure washing them all off. Yes we called the police but they did not have a phone number so they are sending the car owner a letter. (along with our cleanup invoice) What is really crazy is that there were four more empty 18 packs in the trash. Idiots! Is there a chemical that can remove them better next time? (because I know there will be one) I did use hot water and I'm sure that helped.

Roz

Reaction score
Did you try the extra strong Goof Off? Gets a lot off of equipment. What a waste of eggs.

MEP001

Reaction score
Eggs will soften with water. Just keep it wet for 15 minutes and they will clean off much easier.

OurTown

Reaction score
Did you try the extra strong Goof Off? Gets a lot off of equipment. What a waste of eggs.

I didn't try any chemicals but that stuff will eat the asphalt seal coating off the lot if not careful.

OurTown

Reaction score
Eggs will soften with water. Just keep it wet for 15 minutes and they will clean off much easier.

I did notice that after a while and started soaking the areas ahead.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm curious too, did they bring the eggs? Did they wash?

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm curious too, did they bring the eggs? Did they wash?

Yes they brought them. Mrs Our Town watched the footage but I did see they must have gotten them on their car and washed it and even pulled forward and washed them into the pit.

jaykay

Reaction score
Try renting a steam jenny, we have had excellent results with removing paint from paving, etc. No chemicals, should work well removing eggs.

OurTown

Reaction score
That's all? I would invoice for labor, equipment usage, and pain in the a$$ factor

I figured someone would say this. $200 might have been more appropriate but my wife thought that was too much. If we get paid I'll be very surprised based on previous history of invoicing for cleanup. I would love to see an invoice with a line item "Pain in the Ass Factor". 😂

OurTown

Reaction score
Try renting a steam jenny, we have had excellent results with removing paint from paving, etc. No chemicals, should work well removing eggs.

I'm not sure what that is. Are you referring to a heated pressure washer like a Hotsy?

MEP001

Reaction score
Steam Jenny is a brand of pressure washers. They have one like the Hotsy that can heat the water above 250°.

Etowah

OurTown

Reaction score
Renting one of those on Labor Day may have been next to impossible. It would be nice to own one of those and could have used one many times.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've used a Power America machine and a Landa machine, both of which had a kerosene burner. They heated the water super hot. I used to work for a pressure washing company my friend owned and the Landa machine would clean really well.

OurTown

Reaction score
Can you buy just the heater portion to put on the output of a pressure washer? I have a decent pressure washer is why I'm asking. It should cost less and would be one less pump sitting around when I don't need heated water. It might be more of a project to move it around but everything has it's downside.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Can you buy just the heater portion to put on the output of a pressure washer? I have a decent pressure washer is why I'm asking. It should cost less and would be one less pump sitting around when I don't need heated water. It might be more of a project to move it around but everything has it's downside.
I don't imagine the pump on a normal pressure washer would hold up to water that hot for very long. We had a Panda for about twenty years, they are solid machines.

OurTown

Reaction score
I don't imagine the pump on a normal pressure washer would hold up to water that hot for very long. We had a Panda for about twenty years, they are solid machines.

I thought the heat was applied after the pressure but I have not studied how they work. It's just hard to believe any pressure washer could hold up to those temperatures.

Etowah