What's new

Paraplate Regulator

Reaction score
then when the trigger is released you'll suddenly have a large drop in flow and the pressure will go way too high which can damage something. Later if you see a loss of pressure, don't adjust the regulator. They don't wander off. There's a 99.9% chance something besides the regulator is bad.
Thanks for comprehensive response. YEs usually the drop in pressure is due to pumps valves and seals than these regulators. This is the first time I have to change one after 4 years. I should have said that I have Whipping Guns so probably won't get to a situation that I can possible put too much pressure on my pump regardless of how tight I make the regulator?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've had customers tell me their breaker keeps tripping or the belt slips until they tighten it so tight the belt breaks or their copper high-pressure lines keep bursting or the gauge they just changed won't go to zero or their customer pulled the trigger with their arm in front of the nozzle and punched a hole through their skin, all because they had cranked the regulator all the way down because it wouldn't go over 800 PSI with the trigger pulled.

MEP001

Reaction score
The Paraplates come partially tightened to 200-300 PSI, I'm sure just tightened enough to not have the nut back out during shipping. They're definitely not preset to anything.

In theory, you could adjust it with a torque wrench, but it would be easier to set it by a gauge.

Reaction score
Changed it last night and it was smooth. Yes they come with like 200 psi and then need to tighten the nut to get the desired psi. Also noticed the difference between the gun handled trigged or not is less than 50 psi which is perfect.
It was more challenging to find a good spot to remove this piece. I should have taken a pic but right after the top part of the regulator ( L shape brass thing), there is a fitting which screws to a swivel from other side. Loosened the swivel and removed, then unscrewed the regulator form the button, put the regulator on a vice and removed the top part fitting which was screwed to the L shape thing, and then reversed all these on the new regulator. Probably too much details for folks with years of experience but useful to newbies.