What's new

Oasis Monsoon trouble

Wishywashy

Reaction score
Hello all, me and my wife recently purchased a car wash and are very green to the car wash world. We have started to get our hands dirty fixing minor break downs and such. We are having a problem with our oasis monsoon automatic. It continues to throw the down stroke front fault. A car will be in the process of a wash and it will just randomly stop everything and return the bridge back home. It doesn’t stop at the same spot every time, it might stop at the Presoak or it might stop at the rinse. It just shuts down randomly. So we clear fault and reset it and it’ll last 3 cars, sometimes it’ll last 10 cars. Just very random. All the lights continue to tell you what step your on and to remain stopped. We have called tech support and they have been helpful but since it’s random it’s hard to diagnose over the phone. I hope I wasn’t to confusing any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m loving looking through all the past posts on the forum!

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Intermittent errors sometimes indicate a broken wire, faulty sensor, etc. I’d inspect the wires. Not sure which ones as I don’t have the same machine.

Wishywashy

Reaction score
Intermittent errors sometimes indicate a broken wire, faulty sensor, etc. I’d inspect the wires. Not sure which ones as I don’t have the same machine.
Thanks Jeff! I’ll start to trace some wires and see if i can’t hunt something down.

Spike62

Reaction score
I concur with Jeff L. Check your prox sensors. You may have a bad wand prox. Thats the sensor that tells the computer where the wand is located. It's located on the Rt/passenger side and should have the LED light lit when the wand is in the home/upright position. If the sensor is going bad it will give you the fault code on the main panel. You might also want to replace the sensor cord. As Jeff said, they can sometimes get a short in them and cause periodic trouble and fault codes.

Wishywashy

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight @Spike62! The prox sensors are all less then a month old but I’m gonna re check the sensor cord for any possible pinches. I’m suspecting the robotic cable might have something to do with it now.

Spike62

Reaction score
WishyWashy, you might also check the cords on the pad sensors. If one of those is frayed it could be shorting and tricking it into telling the computer that the car has moved off the sensor and the machine needs to return home.