What's new

No Prep

washnshine

Reaction score

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Could you do this with just one top brush spinning opposite of the norm?
Not sure what "do this" is meant for. Brushj needs to be reverse hanging so the arc of the drop follows the direction of car travel. Normal top brushes fall toward the entrance or away from the back end of the car.

Same issue with "reverse" wraps. The arc of the arm is moving away from the direction of travel. They may do better on fronts of cars but except for bug areas I think backs are a bigger issue.

sudsurfer

Reaction score
Not sure what "do this" is meant for. Brushj needs to be reverse hanging so the arc of the drop follows the direction of car travel. Normal top brushes fall toward the entrance or away from the back end of the car.

Same issue with "reverse" wraps. The arc of the arm is moving away from the direction of travel. They may do better on fronts of cars but except for bug areas I think backs are a bigger issue.
I was just wondering if the traditional top brush could be spun opposite and get the backs of cars better.

washnshine

Reaction score
I was just wondering if the traditional top brush could be spun opposite and get the backs of cars better.
No, it's not the direction of the spin, as Earl said, it is the direction of the arc of the up/down motion on the cantilever. This will follow the passing car as it moves forward through the tunnel - concentrating on the backs of vehicles.

Many manufacturers make a reverse hanging top brush - McNeil - just to mention one. You could add just that component, keep your existing top brush and then you have one that targets the front (which you already have) and one that targets the rear - which you need.

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Since wraps "Chase" the back ends of cars, a small reduction in line speed can make a huge "Time on Target" difference for wraps cleaning the backs of SUV's. If the Visor is an issue and you are using neoglide on the tops, perhaps the uppermost section(s) can be swapped out for cloth to taret the visor with more cleaning power.