What's new

New touchless automatic Chinese wash

water guy

Reaction score
I get it and I agree...but with that said....we're typing this on our made in china computers.
Without a doubt .i truly believe they have taken us over without firing a shot! In alot of industries but damn it not the carwash industry!! Stay Out Not Welcomed

TMoliver

Reaction score
How do you build something reasonably if you do not use components built from across the glob. Ever electronic component, timers, acceptors bill validators and controller in the wash, most of the guts in pumps, have parts from southeast Asia -China, Korea, etc, India also.

Untill we are all willing to pay higher costs it will stay that way.

Just my 2 tokens worth.

Roz

Reaction score
It's a bit like my solar panels. The installer says they have a 10 year warranty but when one fails they say now call the Chinese manufacturer to get it replaced. At least with an American manufacturer there is some incentive (albeit maybe small) to keep their reputation positive and to keep customers happy.....I would buy American....

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I get it and I agree...but with that said....we're typing this on our made in china computers.
I'm typing this on my Apple computer, not a cheap knockoff with stolen tech. Big difference.

Zal

Reaction score
Let us know if you do proceed. I saw a sad post (talk car wash maybe) a couple years ago on a guy that bought 2 from china but couldn’t make money due to no parts and tech support and they had many problems. I would proceed cautiously or go AMERICAN

eckert16

Reaction score
Curious: is this for install in America?
The American standard electrical is 60Hz;
Is the carwash system based on 60Hz? If not, then if the HMI/PLC is expecting 50Hz for counts, it'd be difficult to get your timing correct on US power.
Are the plumbing fittings American standard; If not you'll likely want to track down a US supplier for your replacement fittings and hoses and tubes.
Are the bolts/nuts American standard? If not, you'll likely want to track down a local supplier for your nuts/bolts.

If not...you'll likely have to order from overseas, and deal with the down time....or just canabalize one for the other (assuming you have two systems on hand).

Scrubhub

Reaction score
Did you purchase direct or from a reseller? Who is doing the stateside support and where are the spare parts shipped from?
I purchased it directly from China, and ordered lots of spare parts. I had them replace many of the electrical components with common brands and ensured they are approved in Canada for when I get my electrical inspection. I ordered two spare pumps, and two of every valve as additional parts. Even if i have to replace the PLC with a North American brand or rewrite some programs to suit my needs it is still worth it versus buying a unit at 6-8 times the cost.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Scrubhub much respect to the project you're undertaking, some brands of these machines haven't gotten unreal in pricing. If you had told me twenty years ago an IBA could cost 300K I would told you that you were crazy. For a busy operator ion though downtime can cost 1k/day and its a bit unnerving when cars are driving off while you're trying to fix a machine that's down. If you're willing to share an "all in" price and keep us posted on your progress that would be interesting. I hope you can keep this thread going.

Scrubhub

Reaction score
I agree, but even if the replace every part on it along with a new PLC and just use the structure and plumbing its still worth it. I will not pay the prices i got quoted for a new automatic wash.