What's new

New touchless automatic Chinese wash

Blanco

Reaction score
I agree, but even if the replace every part on it along with a new PLC and just use the structure and plumbing its still worth it. I will not pay the prices i got quoted for a new automatic wash.
So instead your going to buy a wash from China replace everything on it, re-write the programming, and pray that the structure/plumbing is well built? Why not just buy a used machine if you cannot afford new. There plenty of good used American made machines out there. Not to mention parts and tech support in the states would be helpful.

You say prices are outrageous for manufactures in the US. Have you ever priced out a machine part for part to come up with that conclusion? Do you think companies are building these machines for 50K and selling them for 200K? Is there profit for manufacturers of course or they wouldn’t do it but its not what you think. Not every machine is 200K either. A control panel alone can cost 20K. So when you buy a machine from China for 25K then what do you really expect to receive? You’ve already convinced yourself your buying garbage by saying your going to replace everything and reprogram it.

Big waste of time and money in my opinion.

Last edited:

Scrubhub

Reaction score
So instead your going to buy a wash from China replace everything on it, re-write the programming, and pray that the structure/plumbing is well built? Why not just buy a used machine if you cannot afford new. There plenty of good used American made machines out there. Not to mention parts and tech support in the states would be helpful.

You say prices are outrageous for manufactures in the US. Have you ever priced out a machine part for part to come up with that conclusion? Do you think companies are building these machines for 50K and selling them for 200K? Is there profit for manufacturers of course or they wouldn’t do it but its not what you think. Not every machine is 200K either. A control panel alone can cost 20K. So when you buy a machine from China for 25K then what do you really expect to receive? You’ve already convinced yourself your buying garbage by saying your going to replace everything and reprogram it.

Big waste of time and money in my opinion.
I said even if I have to replace every part...
My main business can handle this project, very normal for us. We build custom equipment along with Military Equipment. We have the staff and the knowledge to retrofit if it were to be required. Many patents in place also with certain equipment we've designed over the years, so if I can save 50%-70% I'm still way ahead.

OurTown

Reaction score
I said even if I have to replace every part...
My main business can handle this project, very normal for us. We build custom equipment along with Military Equipment. We have the staff and the knowledge to retrofit if it were to be required. Many patents in place also with certain equipment we've designed over the years, so if I can save 50%-70% I'm still way ahead.

Did you consider building one from scratch?

PEI

Reaction score
Curious: is this for install in America?
The American standard electrical is 60Hz;
Is the carwash system based on 60Hz? If not, then if the HMI/PLC is expecting 50Hz for counts, it'd be difficult to get your timing correct on US power.
Are the plumbing fittings American standard; If not you'll likely want to track down a US supplier for your replacement fittings and hoses and tubes.
Are the bolts/nuts American standard? If not, you'll likely want to track down a local supplier for your nuts/bolts.

If not...you'll likely have to order from overseas, and deal with the down time....or just canabalize one for the other (assuming you have two systems on hand).
I checked the specs on this machine and it was definitely not designed for the US Market. It appears to have been designed for the European Market. It requires 380 VAC 3 phase which is not supplied by any US Electrical company. There will either have to be 3 step up transformers to take 208 to 380 or 3 step down transformers to take 480 down to 380. It appears to be capable of working with both 60Hz and 50Hz. All connections are in metric and designed for use in Europe. You are right that they will need to find the select few suppliers in the US that carry these fittings and fasteners.

It can be done, but they will pay more for everything over time and struggle with parts availability. If the equipment lasts as long as PDQ's 360 then the total life expenses could be similar. If it doesn't last as long then the upfront savings might not make it cheaper. It would be interesting to talk with those overseas that have operated this unit for 10 plus years to see how it compares to PDQ's reliability.

Scrubhub

Reaction score
I checked the specs on this machine and it was definitely not designed for the US Market. It appears to have been designed for the European Market. It requires 380 VAC 3 phase which is not supplied by any US Electrical company. There will either have to be 3 step up transformers to take 208 to 380 or 3 step down transformers to take 480 down to 380. It appears to be capable of working with both 60Hz and 50Hz. All connections are in metric and designed for use in Europe. You are right that they will need to find the select few suppliers in the US that carry these fittings and fasteners.

It can be done, but they will pay more for everything over time and struggle with parts availability. If the equipment lasts as long as PDQ's 360 then the total life expenses could be similar. If it doesn't last as long then the upfront savings might not make it cheaper. It would be interesting to talk with those overseas that have operated this unit for 10 plus years to see how it compares to PDQ's reliability.
The company I purchased from is providing me with a machine with 600VAC 60HZ which is standard in North America. Also, they are replacing many of the electrical components with my requests.
Metric fasteners are a standard item in North America as well as metric fittings.

OurTown

Reaction score
The company I purchased from is providing me with a machine with 600VAC 60HZ which is standard in North America.
Not in the US but after looking it up I see that Canada does have that in places.

martinwash

Reaction score
I'm from Europe, we ordered and installed several carwashes from Leisuwash (SG model). The only thing I found that you can't source within the continent are, surprisingly, the Siemens PLC I/O modules. I've been told by Siemens that these are localised version for Chinese market. Other components are relatively simple to replace with compatible replacements found on the market.

TMoliver

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the CBK 360 or contour model? I here that DWS out of AR has made a deal to bring in a version that they will Americanize. They are to stock at least a couple of machines and replacement parts. They are to do support even on 16 machines around the US. If any on has interest contact Robert at DWS 870-862-3468 extn115.

martinwash

Reaction score
Martinwash are you otherwise fairly happy with your purchase?
Overall yes, in fact we ordered another machine.

I would say the thing that needs improvement the most is drying. Otherwise the wash quality is good especially on Leisuwash SG model which has 2 side arms and separate horizontal arm with swivelling that closely follows the contour of the car.

Scrubhub

Reaction score

Also, this is very simple to just order the unit in 480VAC 60HZ

Scrubhub

Reaction score
Overall yes, in fact we ordered another machine.

I would say the thing that needs improvement the most is drying. Otherwise the wash quality is good especially on Leisuwash SG model which has 2 side arms and separate horizontal arm with swivelling that closely follows the contour of the car.
I ordered the Leisu Wash!

water guy

Reaction score
You know these units that are made in China are like the on demand water heaters Everyone was worried something coming from china.and now they dominate the market.we use the vesta on demand out in the field. With good success. It all revolves around Customer service and reliability

PEI

Reaction score
I ordered the Leisu Wash!
Congratulations! I hope you will keep us posted on how it goes. I'm glad to learn that they have a 480VAC option, it should make your installation and occasional electrical needs easier.

Whacks

Reaction score
Leisuwash is a PDQ Laserwash ripoff, I hope you know that. From what I've heard with Chinese machines, they are a pain in the ass to get parts for, and service is almost non-existent outside of China. They are extremely cheap though, so if you're on a tight budget other than that I don't see much of a reason not to go for it. Take my reply with a grain of salt, I don't have much experience within the industry.

tonyleeeee

Reaction score
Any one who ever order installed Chinese automatic have any issues ? Im thinking to order Leisuwash for like 23k or z9 from shinewash with paystation for 25k ? Any suggestions??
I will visit this manufacturer next month.

Etowah