What's new

New to the forum - Truck wash questions

soonermajic

Reaction score
Give me a call at two three nine, 218, seven six eight nine.
Mac, PLEASE tell me Wal-Mart is NOT entering the Carwash business...???!!!!!! I can think of nothing that would bankrupt us all, more than Wal-Mart

mac

Reaction score
Rest easy, for now anyway. The machine we put in was for them to wash their trucks, and it is at one of their distribution centers, which are hard to get into.

Wash guy

Reaction score
I had a couple questions on opening up a truck wash location (blue beacon style). I am kind of new to the car wash/SS type of industry. I currently own a pressure washing/mobile fleet washing business. I know the in's and out's of truck washing with chems/equipment etc..

Anyone have any tips on running one and/or any good threads to refer to on this subject?

Wash guy

Reaction score
Mac, PLEASE tell me Wal-Mart is NOT entering the Carwash business...???!!!!!! I can think of nothing that would bankrupt us all, more than Wal-Mart
Call me if you’re interested in a hybrid truck wash in the southeast next to a loves truck stop
Seven zero four eight seven seven two nine zero eight

Charrrlie

Reaction score
We just finished an automated truck wash for Wal Mart in central FL. Most of the information here is pretty accurate, but there have been recent advances in both chemicals and equipment to wash them. We are using chemicals that actually clean with no hand scrubbing, and have machines to apply them for different locations. For instance at Wal Mart we are washing just big square boxes. Our machines use a combination of friction and touchless to clean. So it is relatively easy to clean fleets with little variation in tractors and trailers. With a truck wash open to everything that rolls down the super slab, you almost have to plan on touchless for most washes. There are variations on the equipment to either do a drive through or a rollover. I think that Bob Roman's estimate of a 60 to 70% cost of a wash is probably close when hand washing, but way too high for the cleaning operations available today. I am seeing net figures close to what we see in car washing, that is in the range of 60 to 70% gross profit on a wash. I live in south west FL and there is not a truck wash within 100 miles of here. The price we are estimating to do a tractor and trailer is much closer to $100. And that is with a wash time of about 10 minutes. I am just still amazed at the Blue Beacon model. That is the way trucks were washed when freaking Carter was president. Times have changed. If any of you want more information, just send me a note. I can arrange to show you our operations and how we do it.
Hi Mac,
Thank you for your insight. I'd be very interested in learning about your operation. Are you still open for it?
Thanks a lot!
Charlie

Charrrlie

Reaction score
Call me if you’re interested in a hybrid truck wash in the southeast next to a loves truck stop
Hi Wash Guy,
I'm interested in learning more about your hybrid system. Would you be open for a call?
Thanks a lot!
Charlie

Bigtrx25

Reaction score
Rest easy, for now anyway. The machine we put in was for them to wash their trucks, and it is at one of their distribution centers, which are hard to get into.
Mr Mac I am highly interested in building truck wash next to truck stop in FL. I would like to get in touch with you and ask you questions because I am a newbie in this truck wash industry. I would appreciate your help.Thank you in advance.

Aucklandtruckwash

Reaction score
We just finished an automated truck wash for Wal Mart in central FL. Most of the information here is pretty accurate, but there have been recent advances in both chemicals and equipment to wash them. We are using chemicals that actually clean with no hand scrubbing, and have machines to apply them for different locations. For instance at Wal Mart we are washing just big square boxes. Our machines use a combination of friction and touchless to clean. So it is relatively easy to clean fleets with little variation in tractors and trailers. With a truck wash open to everything that rolls down the super slab, you almost have to plan on touchless for most washes. There are variations on the equipment to either do a drive through or a rollover. I think that Bob Roman's estimate of a 60 to 70% cost of a wash is probably close when hand washing, but way too high for the cleaning operations available today. I am seeing net figures close to what we see in car washing, that is in the range of 60 to 70% gross profit on a wash. I live in south west FL and there is not a truck wash within 100 miles of here. The price we are estimating to do a tractor and trailer is much closer to $100. And that is with a wash time of about 10 minutes. I am just still amazed at the Blue Beacon model. That is the way trucks were washed when freaking Carter was president. Times have changed. If any of you want more information, just send me a note. I can arrange to show you our operations and how we do it.
Hi Mac, I would like to contact you to discuss truckwash (fixed site) models if thats ok- that is if you are still in the truckwash game.

mac

Reaction score
Hi Mac, I would like to contact you to discuss truckwash (fixed site) models if thats ok- that is if you are still in the truckwash game.
Yes still in it. I’m in south Fl.
c 239-218-7689

mac

Reaction score
Did you get my phone number?