What's new

New owner of self serve car wash

Brookswash21

Reaction score
I have recently acquired a two bay SS with two vacs. Im located right on the highway.
everything is at least 20 years old.

My husband built the wash hisself. He passed away at the end of July and I am desperate for some help. Advice or whatever. Im located in Arkansas and I don’t know of anyone I could call.

I also have a four bay SS with a building to fit two vacuums in the center of town but it’s stripped and I have all the equipment in a building.

anyone have any suggestions other than selling it.

washnshine

Reaction score
I have recently acquired a two bay SS with two vacs. Im located right on the highway.
everything is at least 20 years old.

My husband built the wash hisself. He passed away at the end of July and I am desperate for some help. Advice or whatever. Im located in Arkansas and I don’t know of anyone I could call.

I also have a four bay SS with a building to fit two vacuums in the center of town but it’s stripped and I have all the equipment in a building.

anyone have any suggestions other than selling it.
I’m sorry to hear your husband passed. Was he operating the wash prior to July? What specific help do you need? Is the wash functioning and operating? Can you continue to operate the wash? I understand you may not have the knowledge if you have not been running it yourself, but do you know if there is a company your husband used for maintenance/ repairs, or if he did that work himself?

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
What part of Arkansas. there are some resources available. I personally have done all my own work so far so cant recommend anyone based on my own experience, but over the last 3 years since my wife and got our first wash, I've made some contacts in different parts of the state.

Brookswash21

Reaction score
I’m sorry to hear your husband passed. Was he operating the wash prior to July? What specific help do you need? Is the wash functioning and operating? Can you continue to operate the wash? I understand you may not have the knowledge if you have not been running it yourself, but do you know if there is a company your husband used for maintenance/ repairs, or if he did that work himself?
Yes he was running and fixing the wash prior to July. But just right before the weep system started leaking and he just cut the hose and stuck a screw in it and said he would fix it later. It is later and the screw is still there.
to my knowledge it needs all the valves replaced and the brass y strainer and the weep system hooked back up and hoses etc etc. Bill done all the work hisself. He ordered parts and soap from K & M Supply out of St Louis but they said the travel costs alone would eat me up. I have kept it going by just remembering what he done the times I was with him. But that is not cutting it. I have one bay working and one vacuum because the other one is giving way more free time for just 50 cents.

Brookswash21

Reaction score
What part of Arkansas. there are some resources available. I personally have done all my own work so far so cant recommend anyone based on my own experience, but over the last 3 years since my wife and got our first wash, I've made some contacts in different parts of the state.

NorthEast part. The delta area right on Hwy 64.
between Bald Knob and Wynne

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
I have talked with Gary at Custom Craft in little rock in the past, and while we have not done any business to this point, he made an impression that if I needed a local distributor, he would be one I might call. I know they did some work at our second location for its previous owner over the years and they have called on me for chemical sales. You might call them.

sparkey

Reaction score
Do you know anyone who does industrial maintenance at a local factory in your area? Maybe give them a try. Carwash equipment is about as simple as it gets and I would think anyone who does any type of factory maintenance could figure out a carwash.