What's new

New in bay option

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
Looking for input on everyone's popular in bay options as far as soap,bug,tire cleaner ,presoak,foam brush. Currently just have soap rinse wax and foam brush. Wanted to add air dryers but I've went to 4 diffrent washes one being kleenrite branded wash and none of them had enough air flow to do much of anything. So I've switched my thinking to another option on the dial. Thanks

Roz

Reaction score
Looking for input on everyone's popular in bay options as far as soap,bug,tire cleaner ,presoak,foam brush. Currently just have soap rinse wax and foam brush. Wanted to add air dryers but I've went to 4 diffrent washes one being kleenrite branded wash and none of them had enough air flow to do much of anything. So I've switched my thinking to another option on the dial. Thanks
Triple Color foam
Dryers (they get used)

jack954

Reaction score
triple foam and dryers. i wouldn’t own a wash without them. i chose premier dryers. i also had to run 3/8 air and chemical lines to get good flow on the trifoam. just make sure both work great and they will be used

Ryancross11

Reaction score
Dryers and presoak out of a triple foam gun. I’m replacing my engine cleaner with desalt and bug off

soonermajic

Reaction score
Do u guys really believe that Triple Foam is great in SS bays?
Just seems like it could be a lot of issues? Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Roz

Reaction score
We have many Picassos who paint their car and love the ceramic polish. Rare to have issues with the air logic system.

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
triple foam and dryers. i wouldn’t own a wash without them. i chose premier dryers. i also had to run 3/8 air and chemical lines to get good flow on the trifoam. just make sure both work great and they will be used
Is there any special maintenance with the dryers? It was a let down on the few I've tried I used a brand new one at the expo and it was great.

Roz

Reaction score
Ours have three motors. If you place your hand in the air stream you can tell if one of the three motors has stopped working.

Only other thing to monitor is the hose to make certain you do not have any cracks.

jprb

Reaction score
I changed out my triple foam guns to a tire foam brush. I've seen them used more than the triple foam guns ever were.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you do add a trifoam system, make sure you mount the gun where the customers can find it easily. Mounting the gun holder catacorner from the high pressure gun will be certain death for it.

I've considered adding a tire foam brush, but I'm worried about abuse of the brush. My customers abuse everything, but if yours aren't like that it might be a good fit. Since you don't currently have tire cleaner there won't be any re-education for them.

If I got hold of a wash with just high pressure and foam brush, I'd add at least tire cleaner and spot free. I'd add presoak before dryers. I'd probably add trifoam before dryers too.

Rudy

Reaction score
FWIW, I replaced my Air Shamee gun/nozzles with ones from Air Logic......Big difference. Much more perceived airflow. My air dryer usage has almost doubled over the last several months. Customers have made comments like, "I don't know what you did, but the dryers work better...".

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
Is presoak
If you do add a trifoam system, make sure you mount the gun where the customers can find it easily. Mounting the gun holder catacorner from the high pressure gun will be certain death for it.

I've considered adding a tire foam brush, but I'm worried about abuse of the brush. My customers abuse everything, but if yours aren't like that it might be a good fit. Since you don't currently have tire cleaner there won't be any re-education for them.

If I got hold of a wash with just high pressure and foam brush, I'd add at least tire cleaner and spot free. I'd add presoak before dryers. I'd probably add trifoam before dryers too.
[/QUOTE
Does the presoak require a new gun or can it be pumped through the hp wand

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
FWIW, I replaced my Air Shamee gun/nozzles with ones from Air Logic......Big difference. Much more perceived airflow. My air dryer usage has almost doubled over the last several months. Customers have made comments like, "I don't know what you did, but the dryers work better...".
Do you have the dryers in all bays or just some? How many customers out of 10 would tou say use it?

MEP001

Reaction score
Does the presoak require a new gun or can it be pumped through the hp wand
You can do it either way. I get good coverage at 70 PSI through the HP gun. Maybe someone here who has it applied through the foam gun will post a video.

Etowah

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
The Diskin nozzle has a trigger handle and interior baffle that wears out & reduces air flow. We replaced all 5 of our nozzles with Air Logic 6 months ago and noticed a HUGE difference in air flow!!

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Tire Cleaner can also be used to clean engines. We installed Diskins Air Shammee II that has 1 - 4.5 HP motor. We tried their previous model at 2 other car washes and was very disappointed! My hair dryer blows more air! We later learned 1-2 of the dryer motors we're burned out. We installed them 4 years ago & investment was paid back in 3 months (per hour meters). Our customers LOVE the dryers and they get used a lot.

washnshine

Reaction score
Do u guys really believe that Triple Foam is great in SS bays?
Just seems like it could be a lot of issues? Is the juice worth the squeeze?
Coach - you have to use a quality polish/protectant product that adds shine and beads water and people will love it. If you are just using colored soap, people will realize that is the case and you will not get as much usage.

Kar B Kleen

Reaction score
Tire brush and triple foam conditioner are used alot and are money makers. Installed Air Shammee at 2 different locations. One location has the single 3 phase motor, the other has the 240v single phase 3 motor setup. The air delivery feels and acts the same. I will say this about the nozzles-- I bought Air Logic and Premier nozzles to try and did my own research/evaluation and will stay with the original Diskin nozzle. I can't speak of degeneration over time as Kimberly states as these are new installs. The Diskin nozzle is defiantly safer as the others can get away from the holder especially when a customer does not properly replace them in the holder or leaves them on the ground. Not enough or any (based on my testing) difference in drying to warrant a change from original equipment for me.